Dave Ward's 1/35 ICM Ford V3000

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Dave,
Sounds like you have it sorted out. The canvas tilt looks great...nice contrast to the rest of the vehicle. Looking forward to the next phase.
Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Bit weird, never used much life colour, but then, I’ve never had much success spraying acrylics anyway. Glad you’ve sorted it out :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
All looking good. Glad you got the paint to spray OK. Strange things airbrushes but it was probably decanting the paint that did the trick of removing 'larger' particles.
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've washed the load bed, and the tilt, then matt varnished them.....................load & tilt.jpg

The chassis has had the front body added - I'm struggling to get the driver to fit, he's a bit too big! - managed to break off the gearstick already!
part chassis.jpg
Probably going to have a driverless truck...........................
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Getting close to a result. Despite major plastic surgery on my driver, I couldn't save him, so the V3000 is driverless. Doors just blu tacked on for washing & weathering
nearly 01.jpgnearly 02.jpg
Rather than adding the windows, and having to mask them when weathering, I'm going to leave the glazing to the last.
I think the next pictures will appear in the 'completed' section
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Pictures of the finished item now in the 'completed' section. Thanks for following this!
Dave