Dave Ward's 1/35 Polish TK tankettes - new & stalled builds!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Having had to stop work on my Beaufighter & M4 Tractor, due to an onset of trembling hands, I began to think on my next build(s). I bought this comparatively recently, and I looked in the box, and it drew my interest, moulded one-piece wheels, suspension & tracks...........................ibg tks .jpg

Now, working on my new principle of new build, then stalled build, I knew I had other models of the TK in the stash. I then found this.................
rpm tkw.jpg

And, in the box not only the TKW, partly built, this, also part built, and boxlessRPM tk-sd.jpg

Also, unstarted, also boxless this

mirage tks.jpg

The two RPM models have link & length tracks, the Mirage, vinyls. The instructions, well, looks like they were photocopied on a machine short of Toner!, but I think I can figure it all out. I keep on thinking that I should build something bigger, but my interest is drawn to the smaller fellers. ( I noted a Tamiya UE tractor in the stash, as well! ). I'll put up some sprue shots, and the partly built models in the next day or so.........
Dave

• Love
Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I have the Mirage one, built it 20 or so years ago, and if you have trembling hands then I wouldn’t recommend starting on that. As I recall, it has individual track links to go over some of the wheels.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hands still a bit unsteady today, so, pictures of the tankette quartet.
The box with 3 models - some sprues I haven't identified yet...........P1050985.JPG

The 2 RPM models - both built to the same stageP1050982.JPG
I think I might have taken fright at the tracks - this is one sideP1050983.JPG

This is the Mirage model as yet unstartedP1050984.JPG

And a totally different ballgame, the IBG model, slide moulding - AND a complete interior, with PE and 'quickbuild' tracks IBG produce other versions with individual linked tracks.... P1050986.JPGP1050988.JPGP1050989.JPGP1050987.JPG

A lot of parts for a tiny tankette - hull is around 70mm long x 50 wide. It says complete interior - but unless I'm missing something, there's no breech for the 20mm cannon.
Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
unless I'm missing something, there's no breech for the 20mm cannon.
I’ve not seen this model in the flesh, but if I’d have to guess I'd say it’s these bits:

P1050986.jpg

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Jakko,
quite right! - Found them in the instructions, eventually! = Can't say I like the instructions, they're greyscale computer generated, and are a bit 'faded' to my eyes!
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Those first shots of those tracks, no wonder you took fright.............................my idea of hell .
Keep going though Dave your more than capable .
John.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Whilst I'm waiting for the red paint to dry on my provost - I've decided to pick up one of these tiny stalled builds...
I've selected the TKW II - unknown generally because only the prototype was made.................. P1060040.JPGP1060041.JPG
Not that many parts left to add. JUST the link & length tracks ( and a few other bits ).
I have to decide whether to paint before or after adding tracks. I can see benefits either way.
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
All the final bits added (apart from tracks ), and sprayed with Vallejo dark yellow primer............P1060043.JPGP1060044.JPG
I'm going to basecoat with a suitable stone/beige ( yet to be selected! ).
Then back to the brush for the camo....................
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Looking through my paints - I decided that the AK French WWI colours looked the closest I had to the Polish colours -so Milky Coffee ( proper name! ), Green #1, Green #2P1060046.JPGP1060047.JPG

I decided to give the 0.2mm a/b a trial - but this is just about as small as I can go - I think that the brush would have been better - still, I have 3 other tankettes to have experiments on....................
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love these Polish tanketts, nice colour choice Dave .

S

Spartan

Intriguing little tanks Dave. Nicely put together and I like your choice of colour.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The link and length tracks are really tiny, I've managed one side, took me about 3/4 hour - I'll have to wait until my hands steady down before attempting the other side..................P1060048.JPG

There are a lot of attachment points to be touched up, but not that bad!
Dave

• Wow

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Other side tracks finished, tracks touched up - now I will give it an overall gloss spray before washes & light weathering ( it was only a prototype )P1060051.JPGP1060052.JPG

And for comparison the TKW against the Vickers Mk. VIB.........................P1060053.JPG

The next pictures of the TKW will appear in the 'completed' section
Dave

• Love

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Stalled builds.................... I have an embarrassing number of these , most of which I can't recollect either starting, or why I stopped, one of them is this.............mirage c7p.jpg
Looking at the part built hull, I can't fathom why I would leave this unfinished! I almost want to stop what I am doing, and dive into this - now! - as an addition, in the same box was an unstarted Mirage Vickers 6 tonner !
- At one time, to reduce space, I used to combine several models into one box, resulting now in some unusual finds ( why I didn't label the boxes, I have no idea! ). Of course this would reduce a collector to tears, but I never could understand that particular hobby!
Dave

• Haha