Dave Ward's 1/72 Revell Leopard 1A5 - Finished Beowulfs Little Armour GB

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm calling this finishedleopard fin 01.jpgleopard fin 02.jpgleopard fin 03.jpgleopard fin 04.jpg
Revell's Leopard 1A5 is a nice little model, the parts fit well, despite the horrible plastic. The most difficulty I had was - in removing the tiny bits from the sprues ( especially the sprockets ), and adding the tow ropes. - My own fault - I left these 'til last,they should have been added earlier, and painted in situ!
I'm afraid that the 1/72 tanks are getting too small for me - I spent quite a while fighting the carpet monster, and he still has one of the track links. I broke one of the turret lugs, due to fat fingers, so it's now immovably fixed.
I enjoyed this as a bit of a diversion, but I won't be buying any more 1/72 tanks/vehicles
Dave

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent result Dave. Very neat.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well done Dave. I enjoyed watching this one come together. Sorry to hear it will be your last one. I understand why though. A terrific build to go out on:thumb2:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
thats really nice

thanks for joining in

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looks good Dave. I hope mine comes out nearly as well.
Pete

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Pete,
the more I look at it, the more I realise I should have replaced those towropes, they're way overscale, and a thinner, more flexible material would allow them to sit down!
Dave