First Name
tony
Looking really nice dave , cheers tony

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
After a lazy weekend, moving on to the turret - quite a few parts, not sure how much will be visible - there are a few PE parts to add, but I'll give it overall black before then
DSCF0783.JPG

I have a set of Montex masks for the glazing - but - I cannot find them! I've looked in all the usual places ( and unusual ) even emptied my waste bin, but no joy. It looks like I'm going to have to revert to plan B - hand painting! :disappointed2:
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Due to the mysterious disappearance of my Montex masks, I've reverted to the 00 hairy stick. I've done the frames in an initial interior grey-green.
DSCF0789.JPG
I'll go over the frames with Dark Green. Then, I'll tidy up with a sharpened cocktail stick, to remove irregularities & paint slips. It takes quite a bit of concentration, and I can only paint for about 10 minutes before my hands start shaking.
It would be possible to cut my own masks, but It would take a lot longer & I'm not at all sure it would look better!
Dave

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Looking good Dave, keep it up. Shaping up to be a cracker.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This will be the last photos posted in this thread, the next pictures will be in the 'completed' section....................
DSCF0790.JPG
There are still areas that need a little clearing up, but getting there. The turret is a bit of a pig to assemble - I dry fitted it to the fuselage, and nearly broke it getting it out!
Dave