Dave Ward's Revell/ICM 1/48 Dornier Do215B-5

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I managed to get back to the bench - wrist still painful, and turned a curious yellow/khaki colour, as the bruising is reducing! Nothing too intricate, at the moment - using my stress ball to combat any stiffness.
I've added the engine nacelles to the main airframe, the edges of the undercarriage bay need trimming to get a good fit. Even so, there are gaps that will need filling...................P1060404.JPGP1060405.JPG

I'm thinking that a better way to build these would be not as complete units, but part by part onto the wing - that way you can see any problems as you go along. I've ended up with rather larger gaps by offering up assemblies! ( not that I'll be making another! )
Dave

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Looking good Dave and sorry to read about the sprain hand, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Now, if I'd decided to leave the cowlings off - I wouldn't have so many gaps to fill! The way to build this is by adding individual parts to the wing, not try to add a complete assembly!
Good to be back at the bench - I've been on ebay far too much in the interim - luckily my thrifty nature has prevented me from buying any expensive models ( expensive being over £12, in my eyes! :smiling5: ).
Wrist aches a bit now - the stress ball will be in use tonight
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave

Apologies for being so far behind on this GB but it started before I joined.

Loving what you've done so far. Any idea when it will be finished?

ATB

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm afraid the Dornier has been pushed to the back of the hangar of shame. I lost the drive to finish this, so it's back in it's box waiting..............................
Dave