Dave Ward's Trumpeter 1/35 IT-1 Missile Tank - stalled build resumed!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The basic hull and running gear are the same as the Trumpeter T-62 I have in the stash, it'll be the upper bits that are different. Fit is excellent, even the tracks fitted with next to nothing in the clean up. I originally had one track link less in the top runs, but that looked too tight, so I added one more, and that looks a little slack. Since I couldn't have a half link, the slack look has prevailed.
Dave

Reactions: JR

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Progress - upper hull added, and the fenders. Pretty much standard T-62 bits. 329969329970`
PE used for good effect, grilles! The IT-1 has a number of stowage boxes unique to it ( no room inside? ) Still no fit problems....................
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
A few more additions - and the hull is finished!329982

Tomorrow, the turret! Pretty soon, I'll be beginning to decide what the next build is
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The turret is finished - just waiting for the prime coats................... 330028330029
The missile will be painted a slightly different green.........
Turning to my next build, I'm torn between two models.....................330031330032
I'm going to peruse the box contents over the weekend, and decide
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
First Basecoat - I overthinned the paint, and in consequence it's a little patchy in places, but I'll correct that tomorrow330038330039

The only thing missing, apart from the missile itself is the big unditching log, that all Soviet tanks carried - it's always a bit tricky, painting.............
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Now happy with the basecoat - then I realised I had left off the rear fender sections on both sides!330100330101
Next, some detail painting, then an overall varnish spray before some washes - no decals!
Dave