Nice one Dave, will enjoy watching this one too. I'm still undecided about the later generation harriers. I still think the best looking were the Sea Harrier FRS1's. The ugliest the GR3's with their dolphin noses.
I finally got around to starting the Harrier this evening.glued the fuselage,nose cone and wings together.Then I assembled the seat,instrument panel and cockpit tub.as I intend using the instrument decals I sanded the raised detail off the side consoles.
Got the wings, fin and a few fairings and sticky out bits glued on.I decided to use the instrument decals so applied them to the cockpit panels.Ive also assembled and painted the seat.I will have to try to make some straps as it looks a bit bare without them.
I've now got the forward fuselage and intakes glued on.But I've got something slightly out of position somewhere .I suspect I glued the bulkhead with the engine fan blades on it in the wrong position as I was able to unstick and move the nose and intakes around.But still couldn't get a perfect fit.So it looks like I've made a bit of unnecessary work for myself.Ive also stuck the Aden cannon on.They are included in the kit,but not shown on the painting guide.But I like them so they are on.
I've done a bit more sanding and filling to rectify my mistake behind the cockpit.No doubt a coat of primer will show up a few flaws.Ive also added a few antenna and intake scoops.The canopy transparency is a bit wider than the frame that it fits on.So I've glued these parts with CA.When I glue it to the model I will have to squeeze the sides a bit and use CA to secure it.Otherwise the canopy assembly will be wider than the cockpit sills.Im a bit surprised at that ,especially as this is a reboxed Hasegawa kit.