Dave Ws ICM 1/35 T-34/76 ( Lee's Soviet Tank GB ) Completed

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Finished this - took me a while, as I've been limiting my benchtime to an hour or so a day...........
DSCF3074.JPGDSCF3075.JPGDSCF3076.JPGDSCF3077.JPGDSCF3078.JPGDSCF3079.JPGDSCF3080.JPGDSCF3081.JPGDSCF3082.JPG
The ICM T-34/76 was a real pleasure to make, the parts are clean, flash free, and the fit was excellent - no filler was used. It's a simple model & it goes together really quickly. I really enjoyed this build, made much better for me, by the use of AM tracks. The ICM vinyl tracks simply don't work for me. I sourced these from Micro Scale Design (MSD ) in Russia, so I suppose that source is now closed. The only other part I added was a plastic rod aerial. The ICM model has no interior to speak of, 2 seats, control levers & a cannon breech, but that's it, so all the hatches are closed! There's no PE, the only place that could benefit would be the large grille at the rear of the engine decking.
If you're prepared to put up with the vinyl tracks, then this model is for the beginner & the experienced modeller - source some AM tracks and I would recommend it to everybody.
Thanks to Lee for organising this GB & everyone who dropped by to see my blog
Dave

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice result Dave.
Weathering not over done like some I've seen. Just enough to convey a bit of use.

On the G.B. shelf she goes.:thumb2:

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
And very nice too!

Just had a look on Scalemates. Seems there's some connection between this and the Revell version which I nearly finished a few years ago. I don't remember any internals so maybe ICM added them. Like yours, that was practically a shake 'n' bake kit. I've only got the painting to do, so maybe it will come off my shelf of doom sometime soon!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very, very nicely done indeed Dave!! Most excellent!!!

ATB.

Andrew

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great finish Dave! Looks awesome I’m glad you got to finish it the weathering looks convincing and I appreciate you joining us on the GB. Take care of yourself and thanks again.