Dave W's Tiger Meet F15E

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hi Dave I am currently building one these bad boys. A few things I found that were lacking are the boms for the tank rails on the underside and no aim-7's. I guess it depends if you want to depict the real aircraft that attended RIAT in 98 or not. I have made a couple of errors with this build one of wich I am hoping to sort. The other I can hide by putting the frame on a diorama. Here are some picsView attachment 67406 View attachment 67407 View attachment 67408 View attachment 67409 View attachment 67410
You've made a nice job of that.despite the lack of bombs, I think it's a great kit for the price.I will have to model mine as if its just come back from the bombing range!.Not too bothered about total accuracy as I'm just building it for the SIG.I usually only build WW2 aircraft.

0ne48thtel

This is where I am going to look stupid as a newbie here what does sig stand for?

The bombs and Aims I used were taken from other kits

First Name
Dave
\ said:
I would advise cutting the long tiger mark decals in to more managable pieces as it is easy to end up with creases
I've read a review that advises to do this.The reviewer says the decals have a lot of glue and need to be moved into position quickly

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
This is where I am going to look stupid as a newbie here what does sig stand for?The bombs and Aims I used were taken from other kits
Not a stupid question at all. I asked it myself a year or so ago. SIG = Special Interest Group. A group build of a set theme.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/forums/the-2013-sig-forum.181/

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Not a stupid question at all. I asked it myself a year or so ago. SIG = Special Interest Group. A group build of a set theme.http://www.scale-models.co.uk/forums/the-2013-sig-forum.181/
Cheers for that it now makes sense

0ne48thtel

Both kits I have with tiger marks are currently being done by yourself and another member.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looking the biz so far Dave, Just a quick Q, I'm used to building in 1/72 and modern jets seem large compared to WW2 planes but yours looks enormous, just how big is it, size of model not the real thing that is.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Tony.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thanks Dave, compared to my usual 1/72 that is a big bird.

Tony.

First Name
Dave
Over the last two evenings Ive put a couple of coats of FS36118 dark grey on the model.For this colour I used Vallejo Air 71053 dark sea green.It would probably have been easier to spray and mask the bare metal areas around the engines before hand.But I've had trouble in the past with tape pulling the metallic colour off.So I'm doing it the other way round.Will gloss coat the model next then tackle the metal areas.

View attachment 68523

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377720840.324173.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good dave , i'm with you on the metallic issue. If ever i have the same sort of thing to do i always do the metallic last , as you say , it can pull off with the tape if done first , cheers tony

First Name
Dave
A bit more progress.Ive assembled a lot of the sub assemblies and bits that will have to be left off until the tiger decals are on and given them a coat of primer.There are another six bomb pylons to assemble.Will do them after ive eaten the roast beef dinner my wife is currently preparing.

View attachment 68645

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378054726.308917.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Both kits I have with tiger marks are currently being done by yourself and another member.
That don't matter one jot! If you have not stated the kit and would like to join in I am sure you will be more than welcome.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Your tiger is looking like it will be getting its stripes soon....

Ian M

First Name
Dave
Still a fair bit to do before the decals Ian.Not getting a lot of time for model making at the moment.