Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Coming along now dave , its going to look wicked , cheers tony

First Name
Dave
Thanks Tony.Im currently trying to glue 15 actuating arms to each engine exhaust nozzle.So far Ive got three on and another three have pinged out of my tweezers into the darkest recesses of my shed!.So I'm going to have to make some replacements.

View attachment 68666

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378065410.891747.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Holy crap dave! 30 of these tiny carpet fodders to stick on! and a score of 3 for 6 , i would make about 15 if i were you!!LOL!!! Seriously though , its one of those things that will really make the model stand out , cant wait to see the finished exhausts , cheers tony

First Name
Dave
Compared to the wipers on your Puma they are like telegraph poles Tony!ive got seven on without further loss.But I'm leaving it at that for tonight

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Compared to the wipers on your Puma they are like telegraph poles Tony!ive got seven on without further loss.But I'm leaving it at that for tonight
Bad light stopped play!! score -10 for 3 !

0ne48thtel

Looking good dave watch out for the decals on those small parts they are a pain in A**e

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Don't worry about time Dave there is plenty of it left. That F15 is looking very good great work so far

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Both kits I have with tiger marks are currently being done by yourself and another member.
Sorry for hijacking this thread Dave

But One48thtel don't worry about the fact the kits you have been done by someone else just join in if you want too the closing date is the last day of December all you have to do is start a thread showing box art and sprue shots unstarted it would be nice to have you onboard

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Sorry for hijacking this thread DaveBut One48thtel don't worry about the fact the kits you have been done by someone else just join in if you want too the closing date is the last day of December all you have to do is start a thread showing box art and sprue shots unstarted it would be nice to have you onboard
I agree,be good if you could join in One48thtel.Is your name Terry by any chance?.

0ne48thtel

I must just have a go the 15 is nearly done so it would have to be the F-104. I will have a think about it over night ;) .

Yes Dave my name is Terry

T

treyzx10r

Thats some tedious work Dave ,looking great though keep at it! cheers Trey

First Name
Dave
I conducted an experiment tonight.Purely in the interests of science I might add.When I tried glueing the tiny actuators onto the engine exhausts a few days ago, I lost three as they pinged out of my tweezers.My wife bought me a live cask of Adnams Southwold bitter (8 pints) last weekend.I drank 2 pints this evening and then went to the shed.I found the beer had relaxed me just enough to glue 20 actuators on without loss.In the past Ive broken parts after drinking alcohol.What I've concluded from my experiment is a little alcohol can be a useful modelling aid.The Adnams is only 3.7 percent so is an ideal for the job.And it tastes good too!

I also sprayed another coat of Vallejo gloss on the model and painted the sub assemblies.

View attachment 68824

View attachment 68825

View attachment 68826

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378326597.791576.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378326613.771575.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378326636.190979.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The Eagle is coming along nicely Dave. That Adnams sounds like good stuff.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking good there, a lot of fiddly bits for my kaput hands to cope with...but looks like it is going to be great when finished.

Si:smiling3:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Coming along nicely Dave.

Tony.

0ne48thtel

You could try anthracite + white with a bit of tan earth or a very small amount of us field brown, or a medium grey.