Daves AFV club 1:35 Scimitar

D

dubster72

Thanks I'll do my best with markings.
I'm now turning my attention to the tracks  the easy bit is painting them to start with I don't know how they will go together or even if they will stay together.

A coat of steel to start.

View attachment 278287

Dave

I wouldn't have recommended painting the track links on the sprues Dave. You might find the cement doesn't hold them together with paint already on them. I build my individual tracks & paint them after.

Some AFV Club tracks are 'workable', so they should have small pins which allow them to be fitted together. Some hold better than others, but almost all will need cement to keep them in one piece.

If they're workable, click them together & then apply liquid cement between the gaps. Leave this for about 30 minutes & then bend them around the wheels until you're happy with the fit.

If they're not workable (like Dragon Magic Tracks), use a length of electrians tape. Stick it to your workbench sticky side up, and build a length link by link. Then add the liquid cement, wait 30 minutes & bend round the wheels. The tape helps to keep everything in place.

Once the cement has hardened, you can remove the tracks as there's usually enough flexibility to get them off the road wheels. Take the tape off (gently!), then you can weather them as desired.

HTH

First Name
Dave
Oh well the deed is done now I'll see what happens, do we know if there it the exact amount of links or are there spares would be handy to know before glueing them up.

Dave

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh well the deed is done now I'll see what happens, do we know if there it the exact amount of links or are there spares would be handy to know before glueing them up.

Dave
I used a set on my Scorpion Dave and there are some spare links. Don't forget the tracks on the scimitar don't sag.

D

dubster72

Dave

Don't the destructions tell you how many are needed on either side?

First Name
Dave
Wow the next time I want to build a tracked vehicle and buy after market tracks someone please hit me :mad::mad::confused::confused::mad::mad: