Daves Airfix 1/72 Sea king

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Dave did you wash and thoroughly rinse the parts before you started painting, far be it for me on how you should make models. It's just a thought It might have some release agent or soap still under the paint.
Pete.

First Name
Dave
Hi Dave did you wash and thoroughly rinse the parts before you started painting, far be it for me on how you should make models. It's just a thought It might have some release agent or soap still under the paint.
Pete.

Yes I actually washed it twice the Matt sits fine it is just the gloss yellow that refuses to cover.

First Name
Dave
Well folks I'm not sure I'm going to be able to continue with this as I'm not enjoying it, I'm feeling as it'll be dropped in the bin the moment I finish I don't want to waste valuable modeling time on it.
Sorry folks it's the gloss paint what done it.

Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dave,
commiserations - my Provost was small, at least! These gloss paints are really troublesome - I made it with 4 coats with no paint to spare.....................
I'd suggest you strip the paint off, and make the Seaking with all your usual weapons!
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well folks I'm not sure I'm going to be able to continue with this as I'm not enjoying it, I'm feeling as it'll be dropped in the bin the moment I finish I don't want to waste valuable modeling time on it.
Sorry folks it's the gloss paint what done it.

Dave
HI Dave sorry to hear the paint scheme not workin out I have sent you a pm
chris

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I like Dave W's idea above. Don't bin it, just finish it as normal, outside of the GB.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Sounds like using the gloss paint with a brush is a real problem. No one likes to be beaten but it's a hobby when all's said and done. Leisure time should be enjoyed not endured - bin it and forget it :tongue-out3:
Jim

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Dave, sorry to read the paints in the set just don’t cover well...

I have to agree with Dave Ward on this, strip it down and paint it like you normally do.:smiling:

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hi Dave, the trick with yellow is to first paint the parts 'white'. All other colors below yellow make it hard to cover...

Cheers Steven

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I would abandon the GB and strip it back and start afresh as it does build into a nice kit.
But please don't bin it.