Dave's GB Muscle Car. Revell1/25 Camaro SS.

• Thread starter Plastickitbasher
  • Start date

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks nice Dave,should be a fun build for you,I,m enjoying my Revell build,:smiling3:

P

Plastickitbasher

Thanks all
There is some lettering on the engine top which I'm going to try to bring out with some dry brushing, well here's hoping and best layed plans ha ha ha

R

Rik101

Welcome aboard the muscle car GB Dave. :smiling3:

Stop cheating, that last pic of the pulleys was of a real engine! ;) Jus' kiddin'.
Love how you've painted the engine, I need to up my game on my Challenger lump.

P

Plastickitbasher

I wasn't all that happy with the way the engine was looking as the Vallejo Air aluminium finish it just looked to bright. I found some Humbrol metalcote aluminium which when left gave a better colour and a slightly dull finish, over this went Vallejo engine oil stain and Vallejo's black wash to help the shadows areas pop out a bit. I used some Tamiya gold leaf dry brushed over the lettering to help bring it out a bit more.
Much happier with how it looks now.
Photo time!!
Engine-0009.jpg Engine-0010.jpg Engine-0011.jpg Engine-0012.jpg Engine-0012a.jpg Engine-0014.jpg Engine-0015.jpg Engine-0016.jpg Engine-0017.jpg Engine-0018.jpg
As always enjoy the photo's and all comments most welcome
Regards
David

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great David,do like the staining,just adds so much more to it,give that real look to it,
well done,;)

P

Plastickitbasher

Hello all
Firstly apologies for the lack of photo's I kinda got a bit carried away and forgot to do some photo's
Camaro_0001.jpg Camaro_0002.jpg Camaro_0003.jpgCamaro_0006.jpg

Interior very much WIP but happy with the colours
Camaro_0004.jpg Camaro_0005.jpg Camaro_0010.jpg

First coat and sanding colour is looking good I did prime as I'm hopping the white will give it a brighter finish, well that's the plan lol
Camaro_0007.jpg Camaro_0008.jpg

Have any of you got any ideas on how I can save the below as I've had a go at carbon fibre decaling it's kind of worked and kind of failed. My thinking is to lightly spray some gun metal where the decal has split.
Your thoughts are most welcome.
Camaro_0009.jpg

The bonnet decaling seems to have fared better, I'm rather pleased with it.
Camaro_0011.jpg

Wheels at the moment they are so far finished in Alclad Chrome but I have a couple of ideas as to how I'd like to finish them off with, for now that's all I'll say!!!
Camaro_0012.jpg

As always enjoy the photo's
All comments most welcome
Regards
David

P

Plastickitbasher

Hello All
Got a bit more done the body shell is now painted just need to do the gloss cote and all should be a high gloss finish (I hope!!!!!)

Bonnet is finish on both sides now have a carbon fibre decal and gloss cote

I had to do a test fit as I wasn't it was going to work but I think it looks rather good...

Photo time

Camaro_0012a.jpg Camaro_0014.jpg Camaro_0015.jpg Camaro_0016.jpg Camaro_0017.jpg

As always enjoy the photo's and all comments are most welcome.

Regards
David