Daves Italeri Staghound Mk1

First Name
Dave
A bit of pre shading and airbrush experimenting before the olive drab goes down. I'll complete the vehicle then make up the stowage and add it this should cover any irregularities in the paint job  ;) .

14748067588080.jpg

Dave.

B

Builder

Great work on the paint job Dave. Looks like the pre shade effect came through, which can be tricky to get right! 

First Name
Dave
I've started cleaning up the resin stowage I haven't used resin before so another first I've cut the large bits of the rest will be cleaned with a file.

14753243539870.jpg

Dave

B

Builder

Loads of resin dust there Dave mate, hope your being careful with it. 

B

Builder

Dave dude mate, you didnt mess it up at all, infact it looks perfect to me, the preshading has given it that worn look and the little weathering paint youve done on the drum looks good. 

The tools, and stowage are done very well mate. All looks great to me, nothing to worry about. 

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Jep nowt wrong with that! Far from it it is looking very good.

D

dubster72

Whether by accident or design, the varied tones & shades really add to the realism Dave, just as I'd expect a weather-beaten vehicle to look like. ;)

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Dave.

Just a neutral observation chaps......

As the fenders were separate from the main body, would there not be a gap or at least a demarcation 'line' between the two surfaces?

D

dubster72

Nice one Dave.

As the fenders were separate from the main body, would there not be a gap or at least a demarcation 'line' between the two surfaces?

I've edited my previous post to withdraw the offending remark

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Patrick....It's not a question that, as you wrote  'I know nothing'. I was simply writing that there could possibly indeed be some sort of 'line' between the body of the vehicle and the detachable fenders.

I was only trying to help and possibly add to your knowledge of this type of vehicle.

i really don't understand your reference to 'The offending remark' I really don't.

D

dubster72

Patrick....It's not a question that, as you wrote  'I know nothing'. I was simply writing that there could possibly indeed be some sort of 'line' between the body of the vehicle and the detachable fenders.

I was only trying to help and possibly add to your knowledge of this type of vehicle.

i really don't understand your reference to 'The offending remark' I really don't.

Fair enough Ron, I'm sure you know a lot more than me about this type of vehicle.

I merely tried to alert Dave to the possibility of there being a gap that might need covering up. The fact that said gap wasn't of a consistent size along its length led me to believe it wasn't there by design.

I don't want Dave's build to be full of extraneous posts, so I'll decline to take any further part :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
Nice one Dave.

Do you mean where they join the hull?  I could run a thin black wash in there to show a join line the same as a panel line.

Dave

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Yes Dave, but It's up to you what you do and what you are happy with. As my good Cyber Buddy Patrick points out, the stowage would cover it up anyway.

Ron