De Havilland Mosquito/Tamiya 1/48

A

ajcmac

It's my first model. I can read (a litle) but I have many difficults to write. I read what you wrote and copy/paste. So, sorry by any mistake.

I finished a Gekko (post yesterday Aircraft Pictures) a week ago and started another model. A De Havilland Mosquito.

Thanks for looking and for your comments...

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi antonio , great choice. I too have this model but havent started it yet, but it is a very good kit, im sure you will make a fantastic job of it. cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Well Antonio, if the Gekkou is anything to go by then the Mosquito will be excellent. I look forward see it completed.

Have fun, John

A

ajcmac

Cockpit with Interior Grey Green - Tamiya XF-5 (1) + XF-21 (3) and XF-65 (1).

Lights with the same colour with a litle Yellow (XF-3) and shadows with a litle of Dark Green (XF-27).

F

Fenlander

Great start Antonio, thanks for posting the colour references to, a great help. If this turns out as good as the Gekko, it will be great.

A

ajcmac

More images.

The ejector-pin marks.

Done

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Ejector pin marks can ruin your day. At least you got these in time. Looks very nice.

Cheers

Steve

P

Paul1978

Great stuff! I've also got the Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito under construction but i'm waiting on the paints to be delivered. Tamiya have the new XF-81/82/83 which are the designated colours for the Mosquito. Tamiya also do a cockpit green XF-something. I used it on my Spitfire but had to lighten it up a bit.

Look forward to seeing it finished.

Cheers

Paul

F

Fenlander

The 81,82 &83 are the colours they brought out for the 1/32 Spitfire, very subtle change but I hope they become widely available as they are the correct colour for all the RAF green and two greys.

F

Flying Scottiedog

Looking very good your attention to the details is also very good, Keep building and it will be a very nice model indeed.

Allan.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
excellent work, antonio , the cockpit looks superb. cheers tony

P

Paul1978

Antonio, wow! Looking amazing. It puts my Mosquito to shame!!!!! I love the effects of the pre-shading!

Am really looking forward to seeing the finished piece!

Paul

A

ajcmac

\ said:
Antonio, wow! Looking amazing. It puts my Mosquito to shame!!!!! I love the effects of the pre-shading!Am really looking forward to seeing the finished piece!

Paul
Not pre-shading. First i paint with XF-82 (Ocean Grey) and after lights (XF-82 + a litle of white) and shadows (XF-82 + a litle of black).

P

Paul1978

Interesting combination. And you fooled me thinking it was pre-shaded.