Deans Komet

K

KenP

I'm currently building this kit. is there anyone else out there doing the same?

Deans are very helpful when you phone them , but the drawings/Instruction book rank about 3 out of 10

The boat itself seems to be coming together quite nicely.

G

George

Ken,

Check the measurements from the plan against the actual marked measurements, times they can be well out and if you have cut to the matks it can be too late.

Best of luck with you Deans Marine Kit

K

KenP

I've found that out the hard way !!!

Probably thr last time i will buy a Deans kit

G

George

Thought so Ken, I would have thought that you would have known better than to waste money on Deans material

U

Uncivil Serpent

Ken,

You surprise me as well as George. I thought you'd manage to get through without falling into Mr Dean's hands. Remeber we always said that if you can build a Dean's kit then you can scratch build. And having seen your other models I know you can scratch build!

Chris

K

KenP

Soooooo. I goofed. never again.

Will finish the Komet ( my version ) Then I fancy an Engles sub if I can afford it. if not back to finish HMS Prince of Wales and Missouri. Both on the back burner for a while.

U

Uncivil Serpent

Hi Ken,

We all make them. Mine was with the MTB he produced.

When did you start the Missouri?

Looking forward to hopefully seeing POW finished one day. Are you still caranning and golfing as well?

Chris

K

KenP

Started Missouri 18 months ago. Using the 1:!28 Fleetscale hull + fittings.

The superstructure is a comlicated swine to do, hence the lay off. The other snag is that there is not really a full set of scale fittings, ie there are 20 quad 40mm oerlikons, each has its own director - got to make them!!! Same for all the gas bottles, Radars, some of the vents etc.

Still golfing - badly

Still caravaning, but my mains cable doesn't reach very far up north!!!!

Next bit on the Prince of Wales is the cranes.

Ken

G

George

Ken,

I take it then that you are still running your gas guzzler. I have changed over to Diesel with a Citroen C5 Estate. 50+ MPG Without the caravan on tow 35 with the 'van on tow. I am supposed to doing the QD from PD and expect to chat to Chairman on Sunday at Ellesmere

S

sunny1

Deans Marine

I've found that out the hard way !!!Probably thr last time i will buy a Deans kit
Ken, I just joined the forum and just read your message. I just completed a kit from Deans. I might as well have scratched built it. The plans, instructions, drawings accuracy, quality is like you noticed, is quite bad. I will never buy a Deans kit again.