Decal problem.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Lightly abrade the surface, coat with diluted gloss varnish - allow to dry - use Micro Set and Sol as per instructions on the containers, silk varnish once dry --- or buy new decals! Edited - see previous from Alan (how did you sneak in first?)

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Micro Sol and a gloss surface.
I always do decals that way but these ones won't take.
Not the Protar ones? :surprised:
Can't help, as if I remember my kit rightly, they were 'dry transfer' in that one.
Yes, the Protar ones.:confused:
You can stick decals down with thinned PVA glue.
I did that with the small decal on the rear shock but the whole front fender is covered with 3 carbon fibre decals and the curvatures may be a problem or I may have a try at painting a carbon fibre effect.
This kit is full of problems to test my patience.

Andy.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I always do decals that way but these ones won't take.

Yes, the Protar ones.:confused:

I did that with the small decal on the rear shock but the whole front fender is covered with 3 carbon fibre decals and the curvatures may be a problem or I may have a try at painting a carbon fibre effect.
This kit is full of problems to test my patience.

Andy.
I certainly wouldn't like to try painting c/f! (Take it that it's the tiny chequered pattern?:dizzy:)
It's certainly testing! But look on the bright side - once it's done - there wont be a kit that you can't make! ;) :thumb2:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Andy try thinning a glue stick down with water put it on the area then apply the decal then go over it with a soft brush with some of the thinned down glue stick. I’ve had to do that one time and there still stuck down