Decal solutions

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning guys,

For the last couple of years I have been using Microl Sol & Set for decals and have been happy with them. However recently I've had issues with Tamiya decals not settling down with these solutions. It could be because they are old, I don't know if maybe they go off?

I was thinking about trying Tamiya's own Mark Fit Strong, but also noticed that Ultimate now do a set of Normal, Strong & Extra Strong solutions.

I was just wondering if anyone had used either of these products and their opinions compared to Micro Sol/Set?

Cheers,

B

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
I have used Ultimate Decal Solutions. They work very well. I would say that the Normal is comparable to MicroSol which I had always used before. Their YouTube video is very useful.
Jim

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Interesting. I'm a creature of habit and use 'Sol' and 'Set', but do wonder if there's anything else that might be better.
Normal is comparable to MicroSol
So, I wonder why not just buy extra strong ? Or is that so strong it could damage delicate decals - obviously not Tamiya's !

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Jim, interesting video. I now have some water reservoir brushes in my Amazon shopping cart. :tears-of-joy:

Colin, I think the idea is you use them as necessary, start with the normal then move up in strength if the decal isn't moving.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm with Barry. Tamiya decals tend to be like vinyl sheets...horrible.
I go for something after market or, in my preferred large scale, paint masks.