DEFINITELY a rumble in the Jungle!!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
My oh my!!:astonished:
Just looked at that monster!!¬.... Now that IS,a VERY large Gun!!:cool:
That was actually the kit originally released by Italeri, and which I built soon after it came out over 30 years ago — only later did they change it to include the short 203 mm barrel that’s in the kit you are building. Unfortunately, unless you can find an old Italeri version, the only way to get an M107 now seems to be to buy the Tamiya rebox of that kit.

In the real world, the barrels were interchangeable, given one or two cranes capable of lifting them and about six hours’ work (later reduced to two by being more clever about it).

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That was actually the kit originally released by Italeri, and which I built soon after it came out over 30 years ago — only later did they change it to include the short 203 mm barrel that’s in the kit you are building. Unfortunately, unless you can find an old Italeri version, the only way to get an M107 now seems to be to buy the Tamiya rebox of that kit.

In the real world, the barrels were interchangeable, given one or two cranes capable of lifting them and about six hours’ work (later reduced to two by being more clever about it).
Thanks very much for that Jakko :thumb2: ,
As i said in a reply to Paul previously,I really appreciate this kind of detailed info.... sometimes i find that i get just as intrigued by learning about a subject,than by actually modelling it!!:astonished:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's a great looking beast :thumb2: just an observation but I'm guessing the thin section of the rams would be silver as they slide in and out.
Hi Mark,and thank you mate :hugging-face: ,
Yes,you`re spot on regarding the Ram shafts,they will be addressed when i start the detail painting/weathering stuff:thumb2: ,
It`s definitely a fascinating SPG... And i love it!!:nerd:
Andy