Del's Titanic build. Academy limited edition

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
At least we know it’s not the led’s!

I would examine that switch and try switching the sockets round before binning it.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It's not well made so it's just as easy to pop a battery out tbh..
DEL you ca buy tiny switches from componets shop online an then all you have to do is fit it in the red wire so its a make an brake so on an off

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very true!

I’m sure boatman chris has a switch laying around....

WELL ive got a switch to spare Del as long as you will ues it an its a very tiny one about 4 mm long an you can have it if you pm me your address as i will send it in a tiny envolope just say
chris

Reactions: JR

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
WELL ive got a switch to spare Del as long as you will ues it an its a very tiny one about 4 mm long an you can have it if you pm me your address as i will send it in a tiny envolope just say
chris
That's incredibly kind of you, message on route!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Del ive posted the switch to you this morning an its on it way to you an when you get it after youve soldered on your wires do not try an c/a it as it will get glue in it an become no good best idea i use with these tiny switches is cut a tight fitting hole in a bit of plasti card an just press the switch in place then glue the plasti card to the ship where you want it chris

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
HI Del ive posted the switch to you this morning an its on it way to you an when you get it after youve soldered on your wires do not try an c/a it as it will get glue in it an become no good best idea i use with these tiny switches is cut a tight fitting hole in a bit of plasti card an just press the switch in place then glue the plasti card to the ship where you want it chris

Brilliant Chris, thank you.

My intention is to place it at the rear of the stand if it doesn't sit happily in the existing power hole.

Either way it'll be fine!

Thanks again.

Del

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
First wooden decking placed, it's purported to be pre cut but it isn't...fortunately it's pre marked so a fresh blade in my Swann Morton and away I go.

The sheet has an adhesive on the backing which is bloody strong...no mistakes, you need to get it down first time, it doesn't move and you can't shore it up either (you can before you remove the back but it's still tricky when you come to apply it!)

DelPXL_20210304_120404870.jpgPXL_20210304_120205353.jpg

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Section of upper deck, most of the PE is applied after construction....

I have to say the wooden decking is a right royal pain in the proverbial, however it's all almost done with no mishaps!

DelPXL_20210305_135624521.jpgPXL_20210305_135659722.jpg

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
16hrs in and the wooden coverings for the Decks are now done, and my first funnel, the colours suggested are a tad strange, when I saw the funnels were to be orange I seemed to have black in my head do I've perused what colour pics I could find and it ranges from orange to buff and so on...

... Anyway I'm not fussed about 100% accuracy so I'm going by the recommended colour which is orange.

IMG-20210306-WA0006.jpeg