Desert Rats Uniforms

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi guys

Just received Tamiya dessert rats soldiers 1/35 ( from Japan so no English instructions or colour ref)

I'm using 3 of the figures ( officer and two infantry ) shorts etc

I'm looking for help on the exact colour of uniform, I've seen a few ref pics but I'm looking for the exact colour ref for them. ( they are to go with my Panzer4 dio)

Any help ??

Robert

N

noble

\ said:
Hi guys
Just received Tamiya dessert rats soldiers 1/35 ( from Japan so no English instructions or colour ref)

I'm using 3 of the figures ( officer and two infantry ) shorts etc

I'm looking for help on the exact colour of uniform, I've seen a few ref pics but I'm looking for the exact colour ref for them. ( they are to go with my Panzer4 dio)

Any help ??

Robert
Hi Robert the uniform colour is mid stone.

Scott

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Cheers Scott ( I'll try to match with the paints I've got ) I think I had a British WW2 infantry set of Vallejo and think there maybe one in there to match

Robert

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
In truth, the uniforms where every thing from khaki (new) to light sand. (old)

When I say old i refer to the length of time they have had them, not old or new uniform.

A little known fact is that they also had their "greens" with them. Desert or not at night it can be bloody cold. Some even wore their great coat if they had one with.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
In truth, the uniforms where every thing from khaki (new) to light sand. (old)
When I say old i refer to the length of time they have had them, not old or new uniform.

A little known fact is that they also had their "greens" with them. Desert or not at night it can be bloody cold. Some even wore their great coat if they had one with.
My grandfather served out in Africa with the RA and he never mentioned the cold but I do believe it can get very cold at nightfall

Robert