Destroyed Tamiya 1/35 Russian T-62 Tank.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Reporting for duty 570.

Have the lastest issue of Fire Raisers Monthly, some great tips.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Reporting for duty 570.

Have the lastest issue of Fire Raisers Monthly, some great tips.

I bought the said publication yesterday.
I had quite a shock to see you posing in the magazine's centre fold, holding your new fangled water hose. I never realised you had a huge staple in your belly button either. Is it painful?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I bought the said publication yesterday.
I had quite a shock to see you posing in the magazine's centre fold holding your new fangled water hose. I never realised you had a huge staple in your belly button either. Is it painful?

:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling::smiling: no never felt a thing you don't when it's virtual 570 .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
All good stuff. Thanks chaps.

I won't bore you rigid with the making of them, but here are the wheels attached to the lower hull. I've glued together other bits and bobs.
I've also glued and primed the vinyl tracks. I love these kit tracks, easy to put together and fit to the model, also with a bit of care produce a perfectly acceptable result - For me anyway.
Likewise the plastic main gun barrel.
P1220812.JPG

I've painted the outer wheel rims. I'm not doing any more to them as they will be all scorched to hell!
P1220813.JPG

A bit of cleaning up needed here and there, but I'm not going overboard with it. Poor tank!

Cheers.
Ron

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sounds like you've recovered from your brief sojourn to the Dark Side w/o permanent damage. I totally agree w/your remarks re ABs. Sold mine shortly after purchase. Fellow hairysticker, PaulE.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps.
I've just put it all down to a bad dream. -No, nightmare!

Anyway all is Tickety Boo now.

Here is the completed Tamiya kit. Most of it is in the raw and just loose fitted, including the tracks. I need it thus when I wreck it..... :hungry:

Brush painted with Vallejo Desert Brown Model Air Acrylics. Apart from the spray-on white radiator paint!.... :flushed:

It was really easy and great fun to put together and it makes up into a very nice model. Spot on for perhaps a first foray into 1/35 Armour kits, or ideal for the likes of me who couldn't recognize an non- accurate kit if he trod on one - Now there's an idea! And as pointed out by Simon in an earlier post is "As cheap as chips"
P1220814.JPG

P1220815.JPG

P1220816.JPG

P1220819.JPG

P1220817.JPG

P1220820.JPG

Next up, the stomping begins!

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking forward to the wrecking.

Thanks Ralph
To be honest, I'm not really.
Because I enjoyed the build so much, I might yet finish it 'Properly' and hunt out another, perhaps ready made. We'll see.....

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks great so far Ron, can't wait to see it blasted.
It's fun to imagine angle of attack and blast and penetration effects and then just let it flow naturally kind of like a super slow motion
impact and explosion and what is left after the smoke clears :thinking:
That's how I approach it at least...just a thought.

Chjeers and will keep an eye on. Jim.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looks great so far Ron, can't wait to see it blasted.
It's fun to imagine angle of attack and blast and penetration effects and then just let it flow naturally kind of like a super slow motion
impact and explosion and what is left after the smoke clears :thinking:
That's how I approach it at least...just a thought.

Chjeers and will keep an eye on. Jim.

Thanks for the idea Jim - Good one for sure.
I've seen pictures of a fighter in the Middle East climbing on top of an Abrams and actually dropping a couple of grenades through the open turret hatch. The tank blew up and caused a huge internal fire. This is what gave me the idea for my own Abrams on the opening page of this build, and is the sort of damage I'm thinking along the lines of, but total/ partial obliteration could well be on the cards too.

Thanks for sewing the seed!..... :thumb2:

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Ralph
To be honest, I'm not really.
Because I enjoyed the build so much, I might yet finish it 'Properly' and hunt out another, perhaps ready made. We'll see.....

I kind of agree there Ron. Seems a shame to change such a good result. I was going to say it would be a shame to spoil it, but whatever else you did, I know it would come out looking good!

D

Deleted member 7181

That looks far too nice to destroy, but looking forward to it anyway.