Developing a new modelling room

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
My perspex screen has arrived. I cannot put it in exactly the right position until my shelves are fitted but it will do like this, in the photo, for now. The bench itself is being protected from overspray by a couple of sheets of A4 paper under the screen.

image.jpg

Another step forward. I still cannot confirm when the shelves will be fitted.

D

Deleted member 5496

LOL Laurie, sadly not. Mind you, pay my expenses, travel and a five star hotel, I would be only too pleased to visit Jersey for a week and help out! OK, a 4 star would do! Tough negotiator….
Perhaps we will wait until next summer when the weather is perfect.

Mean while I will slum it.

Laurie

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Blinds have finally been fitted. I am still waiting on the shelving.

Also the bed sofa is now in position (recliner now delivered and in the lounge).

All is a little disorganised until I get the shelving up making the room somewhat cluttered and with rubbish awaiting a tip run. image.jpgimage.jpg2DBBC59A-24FA-48FA-8718-647CB82E686D.jpeg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
It's still far better organised than my kitchen table Barry. It looks great.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Barry
Really coming together now. Looks great. Are they carpet tiles on the floor? If so it's probably a good idea. Spill something and just a tile to replace :smiling: . Mind you the spill would probably land on the junction of four tiles!!
Jim

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
This morning, while waiting for bedroom furniture to be delivered I have sorted out the cupboard with my spares supplies and stash.

I managed to fit 18 kits in my stash right in the top. Now these are not small boxes and the cupboard goes up high inside so you cannot see them all.
View attachment 434281

Everything else has been arranged on shelves and on the floor of the cupboard.
View attachment 434280
View attachment 434282
Of course everything I use regularly are on the bench on the Hobbyzone modules.

I have my next build on the desk though I am days away from making a start. The whole room looks a lot tidier. Have four large plastic boxes going spare!

View attachment 434283

You've been and gone and nicked John's supply of matches ain't ya! Is that just to curb his pyromania or are you thinkin' of takin' 'is crown off of 'im?

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
You've been and gone and nicked John's supply of matches ain't ya! Is that just to curb his pyromania or are you thinkin' of takin' 'is crown off of 'im?
LOL. Yes, I bought a lifetime supply off Amazon! Did the same with lolly sticks and a couple of other items. I have to say that I did not look at just how many boxes of matches I had ordered though!

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Hi Barry
Really coming together now. Looks great. Are they carpet tiles on the floor? If so it's probably a good idea. Spill something and just a tile to replace :smiling: . Mind you the spill would probably land on the junction of four tiles!!
Jim
Yea Jim. The ‘nap’ is just right, not deep enough to hide small parts and just enough to reduce any bounce. The colour is ideal for showing up bits and, you are correct, it’s a lot easier to replace a few carpet tiles than a whole carpet!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well, the carpenters are in and my shelves are going up. Here is a quick look at progress so far….

View attachment 441058

Well it was the right way up on the phone and was taken the right way up….
Blimey Barry....
Are you sure there's enough brackets on that too shelf?!!! ;)
Andy

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
All done and finalised. Some space in the walls for posters etc…. Room on the shelves for between 50 and 60 1/32 aircraft, perhaps more depending on specifics, is my estimate.

A photo from each corner.
1598266E-160D-4456-BA66-157194DB8F93.jpeg
25530055-5D99-4F48-94FC-4A4B96D8FBF8.jpeg
75B3CE07-5756-4897-8009-8C95A5C83EB6.jpeg
05CA0D24-144A-4CA5-87A6-9417039E1F05.jpeg

Come the New Year I have rather a large stash (by my standards) to start working through

I will, in time, get some posters and pictures on the walls as well.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Finally I have put up some of the Ammo Instrument panels.

I got the 1/2 scale ones rather than full size and I think they make a perfect decor for a man-cave. Over time I will add pictures of aircraft to the room these finish it off.

An overview.
A3042B17-F0EA-499F-B629-60E15F9067E0.jpeg

Below the Bf109E and FW190A
DE5FCD8B-8B9F-4E68-A4E3-5F19A49C5AF3.jpeg

Below, left to right. Hurricane Mk1, P51D Mustang, Spitfire V.
55E5173A-6F44-477C-8E21-ECCC29F72E23.jpeg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Barry
They're excellent. Quite a talking point. Great references for when you build one of the aeroplanes.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Barry i just wondered if you done your home cinema an what size of tv screen you got in ?
chris b

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
All done Chris. 65’’ screen, pictured. You can see the front sound bar and sub-woofer in the picture, there are surround speakers too. It is a full Atmos sound system with four upward firing speakers, two on the front sound at and two on the rear speakers. image.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
All done Chris. 65’’ screen, pictured. You can see the front sound bar and sub-woofer in the picture, there are surround speakers too. It is a full Atmos sound system with four upward firing speakers, two on the front sound at and two on the rear speakers. View attachment 449095
WOW Barry 65 " eh WOW we got a 43 incher SONY smart tv in our liven room as it the biggest i could get in but if i could i would have had a 100 incher but do they do them that big ? but yours look out of this world WOW again will bring popcorn if you play BATTLE OF THE BULGE LOL very well done indeed as i said wish i had the space to do something like this as with my SONY SMART TV 43 incher it got SONY home cinema sound system an WOW cant turn it up to loud as dont want to upset the neibours LOL but i love a good big screen tv pity i dint have the vibro chairs fitted so when a bomb drops the chair vibrates to the elesploishion as i had that espicence in a big london soho cinema with the battle of midway an really enjoyed it as it felt you was in the film have you got these chairs in your home cinema room ?
chris b