Did you see them coming?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Again not a lot done and there are a few other things that are in progress but not worth a pic yet, not sure these are really but here they are.
Reworked the kits condenser with some pewter straps and a wire hose. I have added wires to the side lights but think I will do it again as they don't look very good in the pictures. Finally reworked the head lamp and removed the solid moulding and scratched a new one it looks long but is the same length as the original.
DSCF1666.JPG

DSCF1665.JPG
DSCF1667.JPG

nope going to do the head light again as well just doesn't look right.

cheers
Scottie

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
? Too long, or ? You'll sort it mate.
John.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Very impressive work I agree with everyone just stunning

Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice going on the Chevro, Paul. Can't seem to shake it but I've seen the chassis in a similar angle, the difference is you re-did the bumper with pewter...how good is that. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice going on the Chevro, Paul. Can't seem to shake it but I've seen the chassis in a similar angle, the difference is you re-did the bumper with pewter...how good is that. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard, I didn't have a lot of choice as I made a pigs ear of the kit one. I am pleased with the result and its all good practice. Thanks for the kind words glad your looking in.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Just to echo what the others have said "stunning work".
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very nice indeed Paul. I admire your tenacity to get the detailing right. Look forward to seeing the new light. I hope all goes well with the rest of the detailing.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Steve,
Thanks mate I have redone the lamp it looks a lot better now. Spent ages at the bench this morning without a great deal to show for it.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I have many a day like that!:smiling5::smiling3: The joys of miniature detailing. Keep it comin mate. Your doing a fantastic job:thumb2::cool:

First Name
colin
Looking good the extra detailing is spot on Paul.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
This just keeps getting better and better with each update.......loving the detail

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Scottie,

just been having a catch up - Jeep looks great. Hope mine turns out as good - also still have the 1/6 version to finish sometime

Detailing looks good on the truck :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This just keeps getting better and better with each update.......loving the detail

Thanks Joe, glad you like it trying to push the envelope a little with the details.

Hi Scottie,

just been having a catch up - Jeep looks great. Hope mine turns out as good - also still have the 1/6 version to finish sometime

Detailing looks good on the truck :thumb2:

Hi Simon, Good to see you. I'm sure your efforts will surpass mine. Would love to see the big jeep on the go.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The cab is now pretty much finished, I now have to try and not knock everything off again. The air recognition mats were made from foil the frame from etch sprue, pewter and 0.6mm rivets. The Visors had the etch added but I didn't like the flat pivots so cut them off and replaced them with 0.3 copper wire. The sun compass was very basic so a little detail was added the scale was added from evergreen sheet and a length of wire the traversing mechanism from various bits of evergreen. I then added a chain to the filler cap from twisted wire flattened with a pair of smooth pliers. Apologies for the bad photos again.

DSCF1670.JPG

DSCF1671.JPG

DSCF1672.JPG

thanks for sticking with it.
Scottie

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My word Paul you do manage to squeeze the detail in. Really impressive stuff.
Enjoying this a lot.
John.