Did you see them coming?

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
How about a vertical space-saver dio. Maybe a resupply chevy under a rocky out-cropping, while the jeep is above looking for it. Ist thing to come to mind over mid-afternoon coffee. PaulE

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I'm not familiar with that, I will have to look it up.
Here’s the back of the box that shows it:

082F5829-13CE-4DB2-97A2-2D65D7AE6218.jpeg

There’s more pics on the matchboxkits.org site.

But it you don’t know the kit, it’s probably not a good choice for a diorama :smiling3: In my case I want(ed?) to build it because I always liked that kit, due to my general nostalgia concerning Matchbox in general. Lacking that same feeling, I’d say you’re probably better off looking for another idea.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Here’s the back of the box that shows it:
There’s more pics on the matchboxkits.org site.

But it you don’t know the kit, it’s probably not a good choice for a diorama :smiling3: In my case I want(ed?) to build it because I always liked that kit, due to my general nostalgia concerning Matchbox in general. Lacking that same feeling, I’d say you’re probably better off looking for another idea.

Thanks Jakko, it all adds to the ideas

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
How about a vertical space-saver dio. Maybe a resupply chevy under a rocky out-cropping, while the jeep is above looking for it. Ist thing to come to mind over mid-afternoon coffee. PaulE

Paul,

I quite like that idea thanks for the suggestion.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul.
I can offer no ideas really other than a Waddie, a few Palms and the two trucks getting water.
Quite sure what ever you do it will look good.
John

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul.
I can offer no ideas really other than a Waddie, a few Palms and the two trucks getting water.
Quite sure what ever you do it will look good.
John
John,
Thanks I have got 3 things I am leaning towards and that is one of them. Hope you will be following along.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sorry I haven't replied earlier, some great suggestions and many thanks for giving me some ideas to work on.

I have managed a little bit of bench time. The first thing was to work on the suspension I haven't done to much but I have removed the solid hangers and replaced with wire as they seem to be suspended on a single U shaped pin.
DSCF1595.JPG

Next was to replace the front and rear bumpers with the etch offerings. And finally you may just make out I have removed the solid moulded body supports for some scratched supports on the top of the chassis.

The only other major surgery with the exception of the addition of etch was to remove the moulded on fenders as these were far to thick and make some out of pewter and fit them I think they look a lot better.

DSCF1593.JPG

Thanks for looking

Paul

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looking forward to seeing more ive got this jeep to build so will be taking notes

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Scottie

Great start sir. I really like Peter's suggestion of the night time wadi-light box jobbie. Keeping the Shep Paine spirit alive.

John