Did you see them coming?

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The finishes are working very well. Those of us who've lived in the southwest US are quite familiar with the effects of sun, wind, & sand on paint & glass. Top stuff Scottie. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The finishes are working very well. Those of us who've lived in the southwest US are quite familiar with the effects of sun, wind, & sand on paint & glass. Top stuff Scottie. PaulE
Paul,
If it looks ok to you that will do for me.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
There is so much top quality work on this forum at the moment its hard to keep up with it all. Your build certainly has come along leaps and bounds. A wonderful look and terrific attention to detail. A lot to look at. Looking forward to seeing the two vehicles together. Well done mate

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
There is so much top quality work on this forum at the moment its hard to keep up with it all. Your build certainly has come along leaps and bounds. A wonderful look and terrific attention to detail. A lot to look at. Looking forward to seeing the two vehicles together. Well done mate
Steve, You are right there are a lot great modellers and a lot of top work on here. I have to work hard and push the boundries to try and keep up. You are very kind and its good to know I am getting somewhere.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Today the pigment washes were added. Also pigments were added under the wheel arches first with a wash of pigment and then dried powders of varying colours were flicked on with a brush. They will need to be knocked back a bit to get rid of the bigger lumps when it has dried. This looks ok for mud but not so much for a dusty appearence. A few more bits of clutter were added.

As always thanks for looking.
Scottie

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Just had a catch up Paul, I can only repeat what everyone else has said, top work!:thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Just gets better with each update.
When you use pigments do you use just water for the wash? When the pigments clump up for a mud effect do you fix these with anything?
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Jim,

Thanks Mate,
For the wash I use Tamyia X20 thinner, if I want heavier deposits I apply the thinned mix then sprinkle on the various pigments. When this is dry I carefully wick on neat X20 by loading a thin brush with the thinner and just applying the tip and letting the fluid soak in then when this has dried completely I brake up the lumps by gently stippling with a brush. Then finally mist over a clear matt varnish. HTH.