Did you see them coming?

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Paul,
Remarkable work..I’ve gone back several times already to the pictures that you’ve shared and keep finding all sorts of subtle shades, tones, details, chipping, etc etc,,that are just outstanding..this is a beauty for sure.. can’t wait to see the base..

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice looking Chebby Scottie. Don't rush the base, very important you create the right effect.
We are counting on you to come up with something that will knock ones socks off!
Cheers, Rick H.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie,
Just been having a good long read of your build, I commented last about page 2, and then when next I look here we are at page 23. What a brilliant build, scratchbuilt fenders, detailed .50, packs and other equipment - great. And then we come to the paint, one question, do you prime before you pre shade, because the finish is superb. And now onto the base, will be around for that.
Cheers, Mike.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie,
Just been having a good long read of your build, I commented last about page 2, and then when next I look here we are at page 23. What a brilliant build, scratchbuilt fenders, detailed .50, packs and other equipment - great. And then we come to the paint, one question, do you prime before you pre shade, because the finish is superb. And now onto the base, will be around for that.
Cheers, Mike.
Hi Mike,
You must have been bored to read that lot. I have had a lot of fun with these two. I started work on the base today but not sure if its what I want time will tell. As to the painting no I don't prime I just take my chances. Glad your still along for the ride.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Scottie

That looks beautiful. Ready for a trip down to Safeway's.

john

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Mike,
You must have been bored to read that lot. I have had a lot of fun with these two. I started work on the base today but not sure if its what I want time will tell. As to the painting no I don't prime I just take my chances. Glad your still along for the ride.
Not a problem, had to do something while soaking my feet!!! Let me know if I do not comment on the base, too many modellers on here, can't keep track of 'em all... Cheers, Mike.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not a problem, had to do something while soaking my feet!!! Let me know if I do not comment on the base, too many modellers on here, can't keep track of 'em all... Cheers, Mike.
No worries mate, it is difficult to keep up with them all as you say there are some great builds going on.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Scottie,
Sorry to of missed the latest reveal...don’t know how:thinking:

Looking very nice indeed mate, you’ve got a cracking bit of weathering going on and all the extra do-dahs look fab.
The tarp came out really nicely too. Seriously good stuff :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Lovely modelling.

Ralph, thanks mate appreciate the comments.

Evening Scottie,
Sorry to of missed the latest reveal...don’t know how:thinking:

Looking very nice indeed mate, you’ve got a cracking bit of weathering going on and all the extra do-dahs look fab.
The tarp came out really nicely too. Seriously good stuff :thumb2:

Si, You are to kind mate thanks very much.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have made a start on the base. This is a new adventure for me as my scenes are normally plain and flat. I have built up a slope that will have rocks to the back and rocks to the front with a track running down between. Any thoughts will be more than welcome.

cheers
Scottie

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie,
Gone round in ever decreasing circles and the best I can come up with are these....
Both photo's for discusion only.
Cheers, Mike.