Did you see them coming?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice one Paul, adds a lot with having height, not always acheiveable in some settings but in this case will definitely be good .
John .

First Name
Andrew
RE composition, I think that the Chevie’s nose is a little close to the rocks and the Jeep shouldn’t be pinching quite as much. Apart from that I like your placing. Maybe move them a little forward. What do others think?
Andy

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul

These are two very nice looking vehicles. As for the base I think it just looks a little small to do justice to them. I would either cut down on the size of the rocks or simply add an inch or so to the left hand side. Anyway just a thought.

John

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I like the idea of the Jeep climbing up to the Chebby as the curve's too sharp for the truck to navigate. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice one Paul, adds a lot with having height, not always acheiveable in some settings but in this case will definitely be good .
John .
Hi John, I hope so, not sure if I have bitten off more than I can chew.
Aahh yes. PaulE

Thanks Paul.

RE composition, I think that the Chevie’s nose is a little close to the rocks and the Jeep shouldn’t be pinching quite as much. Apart from that I like your placing. Maybe move them a little forward. What do others think?
Andy

Andy, thanks I think your right. My original idea was t have them close as the jeep driver is looking left and the chevy driver is looking right as If they were talking to each other. But moving them forward and a little apart will look good.

Paul

These are two very nice looking vehicles. As for the base I think it just looks a little small to do justice to them. I would either cut down on the size of the rocks or simply add an inch or so to the left hand side. Anyway just a thought.

John
The base is a little small but I have limited space, one reason why I tired going up this time rather than just have a flat scene as is my norm. I am hoping that the rocks below will balance the large rock at the back out but you are probably right thanks for your thoughts I am here to learn.

Paul,
Thanks for the suggestion I did try them in opposite directions but I couldn't get it to look right.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No don't think you have Paul, just a matter of truck placing, the figures seem to be dictating the angle and position of the pair. Could the Jeep move slightly forward of the truck ?
What ever you chose I'm looking fwd to the rocks and road way .:nerd:
John .

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
The height given by the rocks is good. Having that extra dimension does add to a dio. I like your original idea and having the drivers talking would mean the jeep pulled up close. Stick with it.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
No don't think you have Paul, just a matter of truck placing, the figures seem to be dictating the angle and position of the pair. Could the Jeep move slightly forward of the truck ?
What ever you chose I'm looking fwd to the rocks and road way .:nerd:
John .
John, I think that is the secret placing the vehicles I have been playing around hopefully I will get it right.
Hi Scottie
The height given by the rocks is good. Having that extra dimension does add to a dio. I like your original idea and having the drivers talking would mean the jeep pulled up close. Stick with it.
Jim
Jim, Thanks mate I hope it works.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Lots of advice Paul. I am sure it will be the DB's once done. Which dio's will you be taking to the show on Sunday??

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have added the other rock face and some stone details. This has been set aside to dry. When I have shaken all the loose stuff off I will revisit and add more stones if required. Next will be the painting.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul .
I shall look forward to seeing those then .
John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Liking your dio. progress so far, the rocks are going to add a lot to the scene. Hope you have a good time at the Show.
Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have got some paint on today. First Black was sprayed on to the rocks and edges. When this had dried matt white was sprayed from the top to catch the rocks to highlight them. Then using various shaded of browns the rocks where air brushed. The whole thing has been set aside to dry before the detail work and pigments are added. I was hoping to get this ready for the show on Sunday at Peterborough but there is still to much to do.
Any suggestions as to additions or subtractions to the scene please shout.

cheers Scottie

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul honestly don't think you could improve the rocks, colour looks very convincing. The only thing I would suggest is maybe some vegitation scattered here and there, maybe a small flower like Andy would make from that dark green foam .Hope this is complete for Sunday !
John .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul honestly don't think you could improve the rocks, colour looks very convincing. The only thing I would suggest is maybe some vegitation scattered here and there, maybe a small flower like Andy would make from that dark green foam .Hope this is complete for Sunday !
John .
Hi John, Thanks still work to do on the rocks and there will be some gardening, I don't think it will be ready for Sunday

• Sad
Reactions: JR