Did you see them coming?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh well will have to look on here then .:sad::smiling3::smiling2:.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Don't rush it . Coming on beautifully. The under shadowing has really made it "POP" Keep up the good work Scottie.
Cheers, Rick H.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Don't rush it . Coming on beautifully. The under shadowing has really made it "POP" Keep up the good work Scottie.
Cheers, Rick H.
I absolutely agree with Rick about the undershadowing-this is looking brilliant.
I'm glad you're not rushing it. That would be criminal after such a fine build on the vehicles

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
That base is looking excellent. How are the rocks made? They look 100% realistic.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Oh well will have to look on here then .:sad::smiling3::smiling2:.
The good news is it is finished so you will see it tomorrow hopefully it wont disappoint in the flesh. My photography normally manages to mask the defects lol.
Cheers, Rick H.
Rick, Thanks mate it has turned out ok and I'm fairly happy with it.
I absolutely agree with Rick about the undershadowing-this is looking brilliant.
I'm glad you're not rushing it. That would be criminal after such a fine build on the vehicles
Neil, Thanks for the kind words on the vehicles hopefully the base will set them off ok.
Hi Scottie
That base is looking excellent. How are the rocks made? They look 100% realistic.
Jim
Jim, Thanks fella. My brother brought me some moulds a few years back, this is the first time I have used them. The original rocks were made from plaster but My mix was no good and they were very powdery. The next two batches were made by pressing air drying modelling clay into the moulds the advantage id it dries nice and hard plus with the bigger rocks I only had to press a skin onto the mould as opposed to filling the moulds completely helping to save weight. These could then be assembles together to give a random rock face hopefully it looks the part.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Those rock moulds are certainly worth having. Very, very realistic. I understand the moulds were a present but do you have a make or a supplier.
This has been a really interesting threads.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have finished adding various pigments to add some depth and variation. Then various shrubbery was added some natural that I have collected and some after market stuff.

The good news it is also ready for the Peterborough model show tomorrow.

Thanks to all who have followed along and encouraged me along the way. Here is one piccy the rest are in the finished Diorama section.

Thanks again
Scottie.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
"....as they enter the second chicane the Chevrolet muscles into the lead just as his front left suspension collapses sending his co-driver into the weeds..."
Very well done Scottie. This is right up there with your best. PaulE

• Haha
Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Those rock moulds are certainly worth having. Very, very realistic. I understand the moulds were a present but do you have a make or a supplier.
This has been a really interesting threads.
Jim
Jim, The moulds are from woodland scenic the two I have are mould numbers C1230 and C1236. HTH

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
"....as they enter the second chicane the Chevrolet muscles into the lead just as his front left suspension collapses sending his co-driver into the weeds..."
Very well done Scottie. This is right up there with your best. PaulE
Thanks Paul. The front wheel has moved a little I was trying to show the suspension movement due to the rocks but I may have over cooked it. Glad you like it.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Scottie
It is Cosford show in April so I'll see if any are there. Enjoy your show tomorrow. I have no doubt you will have really positive comment.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Awesome piece of work Scottie and glad you finished it in time for the show. Nice thing about those rock moulds is they are scale neutral. Of course the effect
would be quite different in say 1/72 scale. Cheers and have fun at the show, Rick H.
p.s. I hate to beg but some pics. of the show would be nice...:rolling:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Awesome piece of work Scottie and glad you finished it in time for the show. Nice thing about those rock moulds is they are scale neutral. Of course the effect
would be quite different in say 1/72 scale. Cheers and have fun at the show, Rick H.
p.s. I hate to beg but some pics. of the show would be nice...:rolling:
Rick, Thanks mate. Your right they are pretty much scale neutral. I will try and get some pictures.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul .
Well done looks a treat, looking fwd to seeing you again and the builds in the flesh. Bringing my camera this year, so have your best suit ready :smiling2::smiling2:
John .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul .
Well done looks a treat, looking fwd to seeing you again and the builds in the flesh. Bringing my camera this year, so have your best suit ready :smiling2::smiling2:
John .
Yes mate I look forward to catching up tomorrow.

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning diorama mate. I dont know how you pulled this one out of the bag before the show. Did you enter it in the competition or was it just on show for everyone's enjoyment??

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Stunning diorama mate. I dont know how you pulled this one out of the bag before the show. Did you enter it in the competition or was it just on show for everyone's enjoyment??
Thank you mate glad you like it. It was just on show. There isn't a competition table they walk round the tables and pick what they like.