Did you see them coming?

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie,
Will draw up a camel and take great interest - camel, well get in early, don't want to be left with an ugly one.
164895_full.jpg
164894_slice.jpg
And Masterbox do a set of figures.
Cheers, Mike.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Afternoon Scottie,
Another late comer....I’ll sit with Steve and try and keep him under control :smiling5:
I got the LRDG Chevy in the stash but it fails to inspire me. I’m sure you’ll make it cracking job of this though :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Afternoon Scottie,
Another late comer....I’ll sit with Steve and try and keep him under control :smiling5:
I got the LRDG Chevy in the stash but it fails to inspire me. I’m sure you’ll make it cracking job of this though :thumb2:

Si, You will have your work cut out keeping him under control. I have that feeling about certain kits they don't do anything for me.

B

Brad9826

Another late one here Scottie... Watching with interest as also have a Chevy in the stash, no wonder I never finish stuff, I keep seeing ideas on here, and off we go, until someone posts something else, then we start again.. Great start..:thumb2::cool:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Me too Buddy...I always seem to be late on everything. I only have a Chevy 15-CWT from Italeri in the stash, so I will be all eyes with your building these two. Looks like I have to sit with Joe behind my fellow rabble on this one. I promise to be good.

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Me too Buddy...I always seem to be late on everything. I only have a Chevy 15-CWT from Italeri in the stash, so I will be all eyes with your building these two. Looks like I have to sit with Joe behind my fellow rabble on this one. I promise to be good.

Prost
Allen
Allen, Good to see you fella. Apologies about the rabble but their not a bad lot really.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Don't know about that Scottie - have made a start on hacking mine about though as being an early 70's Tamiya it is not the most accurate jeep kit around (they didn't even get the jerrycans correct!), by a long way, but I have always liked the box art

chopped the dodgy seat bases out and scraped in the internal rolled edges to the body tub so far on mine

the windscreen scuttle panel edges don't fit very well to the body and will need fettling

I look forward to seeing your results with this oldie

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Don't know about that Scottie - have made a start on hacking mine about though as being an early 70's Tamiya it is not the most accurate jeep kit around
Wouldn’t it be far simpler to begin with a better Jeep kit, for example by converting the Italeri SAS Jeep kit to a desert one, or to take something like the more recent Tamiya Jeep, and add the SAS modifications based on that Italeri kit?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking good Paul.
I've been watching form the start hiding under the chairs, looking through a mass of legs.

Paul, can you tell 453 Race to change his socks? It's getting a bit ripe under here!