Diecast scale model cars from cult movies

B

Bookaroo

Discover here a cool collection of diecast scale model cars from some cult movies.

( You can click on pictures for get more detailled descriptions. )

1/18 Diecast Model 1974 Mt. Prospect Police Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile From "The Blues Brothers" Movie

The Bluesmobile is a 1974 Dodge Monaco sedan that was prominently featured in the 1980 film, The Blues Brothers. In the film, it is described as a used Mount Prospect, Illinois police car that replaced a Cadillac, which Elwood Blues traded for a microphone. The Bluesmobile was equipped with the "440 Magnum" squad car package that was offered by Dodge for the Monaco. Its license plate was an Illinois plate reading, "BDR 529", a tribute to the Black Diamond Riders of Toronto, Canada at 529 Jarvis Street.

YouTube - Bluesmobile - The Blues Brothers - Diecast 1/18 - JoyRide ( See it on video )

1:18 Diecast Back to the Future Delorean Part 1 Time Machine by Sunstar

The DeLorean DMC-12 is a sports car that was originally manufactured in Northern Ireland by the DeLorean Motor Company for the American market in 1981–1982. It is most commonly known simply as the DeLorean, as it was the only model ever produced by the company. The DMC-12 featured gull-wing doors with a fiberglass "underbody", to which non-structural brushed stainless steel panels were affixed. A modified version of the car became iconic for its appearance as a time machine in the Back to the Future film franchise.

The first prototype appeared in March 1976, and production officially began in 1981 (with the first DMC-12 rolling off the production line on January 21) at the DMC factory in Dunmurry, Northern Ireland. During its production, several features of the car were changed, such as the hood (bonnet) style, wheels and interior. Approximately 9,000 DMC-12s were made before production stopped in late 1982. Today, about 6,500 DeLorean Motor Cars are believed to still exist

( See it in video ) 

James Bond Lotus Underwater

The original Esprit was lauded for its handling and is said to have the best steering of any Esprit. However, it was generally regarded as lacking power, especially in markets such as the United States where the engine was down-rated for emissions purposes. Lotus’ claim of 0-60 mph in 6.8 seconds and a top speed of 138 mph (222 km/h) may be thought of as optimistic - actual road test times indicated 0-60 mph in 8 seconds and a top speed of around 133 mph (214 km/h).

The car gained fame through its appearance in the James Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) where it was featured in a long chase sequence, converting into a submarine.

YouTube - Lotus Esprit - James Bond 007 - The Spy Who Loved Me - Diecast 1/18 - AutoArt.avi ( See it on video )

If you are a serious collector like me you will surely like these diecast scale model cars pages:

GM / CHEVROLET : GM / CHEVROLET / PONTIAC SCALE MODELS

FORD / PLYMOUTH : FORD / PLYMOUTH SCALE MODEL CARS

DODGE / CHRYSLER : DODGE/CHRYSLER SCALE MODELS CARS

PORSCHE : PORSCHE SCALE MODELS CARS <

BMW : MY FANTASY WEB - MERCEDES / BMW / HONDA - SCALE MODELS

I hope you will enjoy and find something new !!!