Diorama Materials

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Evening Gentlemen & Ladies,

I've had a request from a friend who is getting into Landscape modelling.
I personally make most of my dios from natural products as she will but things like the wire for making trees, and other ground
making materials. Water snow....etc..
Any pointers guys will be of great help.

Cheers Mike :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening Gentlemen & Ladies,

I've had a request from a friend who is getting into Landscape modelling.
I personally make most of my dios from natural products as she will but things like the wire for making trees, and other ground
making materials. Water snow....etc..
Any pointers guys will be of great help.

Cheers Mike :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
Hi Mike, I've used Precision Ice and Snow products all good. As for water there are so many methods, from Ron's Varnish which are great and much cheaper to resins and all that it brings with it .
I've used florists wire, twisted it and covered in Latex, for the trunk and them used scatter for the leaves. I grow my own sea grass for some shrubs and small trees. Most roots can as you know be great for the shape of trees.
Tell her to have a look at .
Kathy Millatt, as great modeler who has lots of very interesting and help full videos.

lastly Luke Towan.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjRkUtHQ774mTg1vrQ6uA5A
This guy is the master of landscapes and what to use, some great tips and lots of tree making videos.
HTH's

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Mike,
Apart from a few plants I try not to use aftermarket stuff. I build mine from blue foam, cardboard, styrene coffee stirrers natural vegetation and anything I think will work. John has posted some useful videos, but there are plenty more out there. Spanner570 aka Ron shows what great effects can be achieved using very simple everyday materials.

Reactions: JR