diorama / model display ideas

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
hello all ... any ideas / suggestions (or current threads to reference) on ways to display models and dioramas ... at the moment i have mine parked strategically through the room at the back .... whilst pleasant enough to look at they do collect copious amounts of dust ....

ta

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Lindsey,
I have a glass display case but need to get another one soon as this one is now full. If you shop around you can get them fairly cheap. You can also try and find ex shop display cases if you are lucky.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Lindsay
I'm with Scottie. I have a glass display cabinet with two glass doors. They can be picked up reasonably priced and the one I have holds quite a lot with glass shelves which can be adjusted. I had a couple of extra shelves made at a local glass cutters. Really does keep off the dust. Perspex cases for individual models can work out expensive especially if they are custom made for the model. This one looks nice but cost more than the model and then you need a place to put it.
P1020990.JPG

P1020991.JPG

Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Lindsay
Nice to see someone of the true faith on here, I’ve followed LUFC since Revie’s day......
If you find a good off the shelf glass cabinet,especially wall mounted, could you post it up? I’ve struggled to find one that is well made enough to keep out the dust, and is also big enough to hold anything bigger that 1/35 tanks,,,,,

First Name
Adrian
I have 5 large glass display cabinets to show most of mine in my home, with bases made for club tables at shows.

I got mine from here after seeing their advert in the IPMS mag, plus you get 10% off. They even gave me more off as I was local so they didn't have to deliver far lol

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Good varnish is water-repellent :smiling3: The real trick is sticking the model down in the aquarium with waterproof glue, if you’re not building a Tamiya 1/48 scale tank anyway.