Display cases.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Does anyone know of a good source for a display case for a 1/9 scale motorcycle?, I finally persuaded my mate his model really needs to be in a case but now I am having trouble finding one that fits the bill.

Andy.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Try eBay andy . If you type in display case and filter the category to die cast vehicles you should get plenty of results. I saw one for 1/18 scale cars for 12.99 , should be about right for a 1/9 bike. I know that trumpeter do them too but theirs are four times the price!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Or if you know a local glass supplier, ask them to make a custom one with offcuts ;)

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Try eBay andy . If you type in display case and filter the category to die cast vehicles you should get plenty of results. I saw one for 1/18 scale cars for 12.99 , should be about right for a 1/9 bike. I know that trumpeter do them too but theirs are four times the price!
Thanks for the tip Tony looking at the measurements that will probably do the job as I do not want to spend a load of someone elses cash on a fancy case.

Andy.

D

Deleted member 5496

Thanks for the tip Tony looking at the measurements that will probably do the job as I do not want to spend a load of someone elses cash on a fancy case.

Andy.
Just a thought Andy

Why not provide a base tarmac with a verge with grass & perhaps a wild plant two.

Base perhaps rounded with a rounded back drop scenery.

Or similar with a backdrop of bikes all ready at the start.

For me much more exciting than putting in a glass case. My bet viewers will be more impressed with a dio.

Just a thought. Just love models to be shown in their natural & interesting environment. Just gives to me
a feeling of being there rather than in a shut away case.

Also releases those imaginative & artistic capabilities which should be at the heart of all model making..

Laurie

Laurie

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just a thought Andy

Why not provide a base tarmac with a verge with grass & perhaps a wild plant two.

Base perhaps rounded with a rounded back drop scenery.

Or similar with a backdrop of bikes all ready at the start.

For me much more exciting than putting in a glass case. My bet viewers will be more impressed with a dio.

Just a thought. Just love models to be shown in their natural & interesting environment. Just gives to me
a feeling of being there rather than in a shut away case.

Also releases those imaginative & artistic capabilities which should be at the heart of all model making..

Laurie

Laurie
Thanks for the ideas Laurie but I know this guy well and something exposed will get knocked over or broken so it is in his best interest for the model to be protected in a case and he now agrees with me.

Andy.