Dogfight double pt. 1: Stuka

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That was very lucky indeed … Wouldn’t have been impossible to fix otherwise, but probably not much fun.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
And for my next trick... you might remember a few days ago I dropped the model and snapped the top half of the aerial mast off. Well, I managed to repair it, with only a little kink in it to show the repair! Painted it, added the two decals, one on each side. Then back to the paint booth for a matt coat... and dropped it again! This time the aerial came off in one piece, so I should be able to reglue it, but I'll leave that until after I've removed the masking - no point in tempting fate. Even worse than the aerial, under the fuselage just behind the wings there were two small L-shaped pieces, drains of some sort perhaps? crew entry steps, according to the Haynes manual for the Stuka. Anyway, they're not there any more! No chance of finding them on the garage floor, so the crew will just have to stand on a box!
P1170169.JPGP1170170.JPG
I suppose they could be scratched, but I think I'll just touch in the spots where they were and move on.
Pete

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
the crew will just have to stand on a box!
Well, we couldn't have that could we!
P1170177.JPG
That's a handhold from a 1/32 helicopter, cut in half. Not very accurate, but neither were the Airfix ones!
Think it's finished now:
P1170172.JPG
Whoops! Forgot the aerial! I'll put a finished thread up soon.
Thanks for looking in folks.
Pete