Dornier Do335A Pfeil (Tamiya, 1:48)

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Very nice build of a very odd aircraft! I do like the underside colour modulation. This is something I am yet to master. Well done.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great job on a very interesting aeroplane. I've always had a soft spot for the Do 335 and wonder how good it might have been given more time to sort out its persistent and serious problems.

Every model tells a story and this is a good one.

VG+PH,W.Nr.240102 was a Do 335 A-0. It was the second pre-production aircraft built and the first to be flown. The first aircraft (VG+PG,W.Nr 240101)was destroyed in a U.S. bombing raid on Fredrichshaven-Lowenthal on 20/7/44.

The aircraft currently on display in the U.S. at the Smithsonian is a composite of several aircraft (principally two) and the fuselage is that of the aircraft modelled by Vajled. 240102 was one of two Do 335s shipped from Cherbourg to the U.S. onboard HMS Reaper as part of operation Seahorse at the end of the war.

The wings on the Smithsonian's display come from the other one, a Do 335 A-1, W.Nr 240165. The rest of the display is made up of bits from several aircraft. The horizontal and dorsal tail surfaces are from 240103. The ventral fin is from 240105. Finally the starboard flap is from the bombed remains of 240101.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vajled

@Steve - thx for good story, very interesting sory..

Cheers

Roman

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Roman,you've made a lovely model there and it's always good to use such a thing to tell the story behind the real thing. The Do 335 you've modelled is a remarkable survivor,at least in part!

Cheers

Steve

A

andyrobs

Hi Roman, another great build, 5 stars from me. I always check out your threads cos your build are always so impressive!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
probably a very stoopid question but sometimes I cannot see the picture that everyone else is looking at .....is it in the thread somewhere??

Lindsey

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's odd Roman has posted several pictures of his 'Pfeil' in this thread.

Steve

V

Vajled

\ said:
Hi Roman, another great build, 5 stars from me. I always check out your threads cos your build are always so impressive!!!!Cheers, Andrew
I really dont know what is happening... I have posted 8 pictures, photobucket...

saguy

SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
yip - i have looked hi and lo and can't see a thing ..... pity because everyones' comments have made me very curious to see it ......Lindsey

V

Vajled

\ said:
yip - i have looked hi and lo and can't see a thing ..... pity because everyones' comments have made me very curious to see it ......Lindsey
try to see here

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.179672465442278.45151.100001985786818]Dornier Do335A Pfeil (Tamiya, 1:48)

http://vajled.com/wsm/index.php?topic=1838.msg17222;topicseen#new

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job roman, another 5 star award from me! Cheers tony

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Beautiful model Roman.

Can't wait to see your next one.

Five stars.

And thanks to Stona for the background on this potent aircraft.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:

saguy

SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
tx for that roman .... excellant looking aircraft .... the weathered underside is particularly striking ......

A

AJay

Fantastic build of an interesting aircraft close to my heart : ) I also enjoy the way you photograph your projects.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Another great model from Roman's production line ! Where do you keep them all ?

Colin M..........