Download software - printing brick sheets.

D

double00

Hi everyone! need to print sheets of brick style to customise my layout buildings in 00 gauge. Bricks preferred in red or beige colour or indeed any colour that building bricks are manufactured for building houses etc.

Your help will certainly be appreciated - sincere thanks.:respect1:

B

Bunkerbarge

Take photographs of real walls and use them to create your brick wallpaper. You can scale the picture in your photo software to get a perfect effect when you print it out. When printed simply glue the paper to a piece of ply to make your walls from.

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy DoubleOO,

Ok, I found some samples by searching for "red brick wallpaper" in google. The only problem is i am not sure how big a brick should be in OO guage.

However, if you could give me some idea of the dimensions of a single brick in OO guage I could resize any of those sample photos of brick and combine them into a larger "sheet" of bricks that could be printed and cut out by you. There was not only red brick, but by searching for just "Brick wallpaper", you can find other colors.

So, if you can provide the dimensions, I will be more than happy to design you a sheet or several sheets of various bricks. You can leave the dimensions and the brick colors or links to the bricks you found here in this thread and when i finish, i will "Private message" you and then get them emailed to you.

Now if you would like, I know of several links to cardmodels of buildings ranging from the world trade center, down to individual houses that you print on your computer, cut out and glue together, there are tons of buildings out there and if they are not in OO guage, there is really nothing to resizing them in a photo editing program as long as you know the size you want them to be.

Below are a few cardmodel links with some buildings:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050307183732/http://www.freepapertoys.com/pt-buildings.html#6 more models of other types can be found by navigating the site using the links on left side of page.

If you see anything that interests you on the cardmodel site, but would like more links, let me know and i will be happy to provide them.

And below is a cardmodel of a "signal box" in OO guage for you to look at. Download it, print it out and assemble it if you wish...i use full sheets of cheap photo paper for my cardmodels and white glue to assemble them.

http://www.oakleafstudio.com/free_sigbox.htm and below is a photo of the completed model:

sigbox.jpg

So, let me know if you would like my help or if you would like more links to more card models.

I hope this has been of some help and interest to you,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA (GW)

D

double00

Hello geedubbya, many thanks for response to my thread entry on sheets of red bricks. Your help and any other members are most appreciated at all times.

I have measured a sample and only one of brick sheet that I have for 4mm 00 gauge. Brick is 5mmx3mm when printed - square printed on a A4 sheet, measures 147mm across, giving a total of 26 printed bricks, with 1mm of said cement between all four sides of the brick.

I sincerely hope that my information given will enable you to work out the necessary sheets - bricks in red colour, though any colour as used by the builders of buildings in general will also be welcome.

Merry Christmas and thank you. :thinking:

G

GEEDUBBYA

howdy Again Double OO,

Ok, I converted the mm into inches and came up with a single brick that was approx 1/8th inch long. I then went to google, found a large wallpaer of red bricks and one of gray rock also.

I reduced the large photo to the point where the individual bricks were approx 1/8th long, then repeated the resized photo on an 8X10 area.

They turned out ok, but.....and i should have seen this coming, with bricks, you have lighter and darker ones and by repeating the resized photo, I ended up with a "pattern" in the overall picture. By pattern, I mean the new photo is covered in bricks (no seams from the repeating image are present,) but, the color variations from the individual bricks did create a repeating pattern. The same applied to the grey "stone" or "rock" pattern.

However, if you will email me, I will send them to you, you can print them out and see if this will be a problem.

If they arent usable, let me know and i will see what else i can do.

You can email me at GEEDUBBYA@prodigy.net

have a good day,

Greg

A

Ashtonmodeller

Prntable resources

\ said:
Hi everyone! need to print sheets of brick style to customise my layout buildings in 00 gauge. Bricks preferred in red or beige colour or indeed any colour that building bricks are manufactured for building houses etc.Your help will certainly be appreciated - sincere thanks.:respect1:
Try the following URL:

Resources

Last edited:

14Steve14

Sorry to bring up an oldish post, but you could try this site. It has some interesting models and paper sheets ready for download, including some free ones.

railwayscenics scale railway model buildings - Railwayscenics

D

Derrick

Try Paperbrick - a source for scratchbuilders.

Last edited:

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
\ said:
Try Paperbrick - a source for scratchbuilders.
Thats quite a handy generator thanks for sharing,That's given me some ideas now for a little scene:banana:

D

Derrick

Thanks

Thanks for trying the site - tell your friends

or tell me what you think of the site.