Draggin' Wagon.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Oh well here we go, lets see how it grows and develops.
All I know is they are attempting to 'drag' this unfortunate Sherman out of some kind of wreckage of some sort.

As for the figures, I haven't the foggiest, I'll have to do a bit of Frankenstiening on them
and put them to some proper work positions.

Love having you guys aboard for this one, things are calming down a bit with hard winter coming along soon.
So I'll be boring you to spasms, with this one and try to get it done before I croak.

100_0825 (3).JPG100_0826 (2).JPG100_0827 (3).JPG100_0828 (2).JPG100_0829 (3).JPG100_0832 (2).JPG100_0833 (3).JPG100_0834 (2).JPG100_0835.JPG100_0836.JPG

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim
Looking forward to this.
Jim
Gonna be exceptional. PaulE
Thanks guys, been hemming and hawing over this one but decided.....what the Hell, let's do it.
I've done it now ,so I can't let everyone down, will try to do my best and appreciate your
kind attention.

Gonna try and keep base simple so not to obstruct final pics, scene is some sort of intersection in
some town somewhere in France behind the lines which by now have crossed the Rhine.

Jim.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
UPDATE:

Got street and sidewalks carved out at the expense of too many brain cells.
Getting ruins and rubble kinda sorted out, at least in basic form.

Got delayed a bit because of life as we know it.
Hope to chug along at a better pace, and oh, a new little monster added to the menagerie.

A baby snapping turtle found on lawn near pond this summer as I was cutting the grass.
Thought it was a stone at first and did not want to launch it through the living room window with mower, so got
off to toss it aside, when I seen what it actually was.

He's a little monster for sure and will attack anything that moves!
Pics at end of thread.

Thanks for watching and a "happier" new year for all.

Jim.

100_0882 (2).JPG100_0883 (2).JPG100_0884 (2).JPG100_0885 (2).JPG100_0886 (2).JPG100_0887 (2).JPG100_0867 (3).JPG100_0869 (2).JPG100_0869 (3).JPG100_0870 (2).JPG100_0872 (2).JPG100_0881 (2).JPG

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Does it eye the fish w/evil intent? PaulE
He is kind of small still... I think the gar would dissect him.
But, he will grow, and fast, within a year he will be about 6 inches across (he's about 3 1/2 inches now)
He will need upgrades as he grows, something the missus is none too happy about...but she loves me :hugging-face:

We've had them on and off over the years, they always got too big and too aggressive and had to be released
back to the ponds.
It does take a number of years though, around 5 to 7 before they become unmanageable.
So his stay may outlive mine :smiling5:

Happy new year!

Jim.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim
Great start to the base. Nice collection of vehicles. Love your new little friend - just keep counting your fingers ;)
Jim

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do like your cobbles well done on theses ,very nice start, :smiling:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
do like your cobbles well done on theses ,very nice start, :smiling:
Thank you Monica, they almost drove me to tears but finally got them done.
Now comes the fun part, painting and creating a reasonably convincing pummeled intersection.

Ruins and rubble....ahh, it don't get any better than that.
Thanks for tagging along with this one and as always for you kind comments.

Do hope you and yours have a better new year than the last.

Jim

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim
Great start to the base. Nice collection of vehicles. Love your new little friend - just keep counting your fingers ;)
Jim
Thanks Jim, now I should start gaining some momentum.
Will try to cover stages of construction as diligently as possible, always happy to have you along :smiling4:

At last count....still have ten fingers. :relieved:

Happier new year,

Jim.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice progress on the base Jim, I suspect it will take about a week to get your eyes fully uncrossed....by that time you should have a pretty good handle on this. LOL :smiling3: Rick H.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Just seen this one Jim, so I’ve pulled up my chair to watch. A very good start and I really like the turtle.
Nice progress on the base Jim, I suspect it will take about a week to get your eyes fully uncrossed....by that time you should have a pretty good handle on this. LOL :smiling3: Rick H.
Thanks Guys, been busy last couple of days so no bench time, oh, those stones were murder alright.
Arthritis and sausage fingers didn't help matters but I knew I had to get them done or I could not
move on.
The turtle is a pip for sure.....think I'll name him Bear.

Thanks for watching,

Jim.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I like it! Straight from the 'Ron' school of modelling:- throw a few bits on a base and see what develops. Betcha you end up with summat real good Jim!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hey......what's all that white stuff?? 42 degrees here today and nothing white on the ground except me knickers!!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out:
BTW, where do you find all the wonderful debris that you scatter around....seems like it is something different in most cases.
Rick H.

Last edited: