Draggin' Wagon.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
coming along very nicely,I must say,
oh what a view that is out the window,how i wish,the other morning it was 28c at 9am

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
coming along very nicely,I must say,
oh what a view that is out the window,how i wish,the other morning it was 28c at 9am
Thank you Monica, it's gonna be a long haul on this one cuz time is so precious and I just can't
seem to shake the ankle bites of reality.

But you know me, all of a sudden a vignette will pop out when I get too ground down in
the minutia of a large build.
Shwaa de vee or something like that. :hugging-face:

Jim.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hey......what's all that white stuff?? 42 degrees here today and nothing white on the ground except me knickers!!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out:
BTW, where do you find all the wonderful debris that you scatter around....seems like it is something different in most cases.
Rick H.
White stuff?....oh you mean that wretched frozen blanket of Angel wing whiteness?
Actually this is our busiest time, the ground is frozen rock hard and even deep snows are no real obstacle.
Hate the muds of fall and spring, murder on man and machine.

So frustrating that my physical ailments keep me from full bore function, the cold and exertion are a no no for me now-a-days.
But the boys and their minions got a good handle on things.
I made it clear though, that I reserve all rights to be a pain in the ass.

Debris of which you speak are right under your nose...schnibbles from the bottom of the wood box.
Others who don't burn wood to survive can always go to the back yard garden or even the local park
( just watch where the dog walkers go, and don't go there!), and collect some appropriate chaff.

To get a finer consistency one could use the good old kitchen food processor, ( just make sure Mamma doesn't find out),
a couple of spins and you can achieve some decent "debris".

Jim.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I wasn't sure of what I was looking at, but now I see you are using some of the best fire starting material there is. In your line of work it is probably more than abundant. I, on the other hand, need all I can get scrounged up after splitting and store it in empty milk crates for future use. :smiling2:
Rick H.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I wasn't sure of what I was looking at, but now I see you are using some of the best fire starting material there is. In your line of work it is probably more than abundant. I, on the other hand, need all I can get scrounged up after splitting and store it in empty milk crates for future use. :smiling2:
Rick H.
Rick, since you do burn wood just look at what you are sweeping up around the stove.

I"m not sure but did you guys get hit with a snowstorm?
You had mentioned your power was out.

Jim.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Jim.......not snow but heavy wind .....came in out of the south west and took down some trees close to power lines and managed to clog Hwy. 93 for most of the day (on the other side of Flathead Lake) and trees down on this side as well but with no traffic stoppages.
Temp was 44f. just before power went out at 10:00am.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Like a Spring day here in NW Montana..........good to see there is Winter somewhere in the world. :smiling2:
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm with Scottie.......good looking debris. BTW looks like 3-4 inches of the white stuff......haven't seen much of that this winter.
Rick H.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I'm with Scottie.......good looking debris. BTW looks like 3-4 inches of the white stuff......haven't seen much of that this winter.
Rick H.
Thanks Rick, actually anywhere from 8 to 10 inches depending on where you measure it.
In some spots on our road up it gets quite wind blown and 10inches just plowed could be 30 to 40 inch drifts
back across it in no time, even without additional snow.

You never know up here....makes life fun!

100_0911 (2).JPG

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Coming along very nicely Jim.
Rick H.
Thanks guys, glad you like, still needs some touching up, slip showing in a few places.
Just received my 1/35 classic Tamiya "Famo" tractor.
That will be fun, if I live long enough.

_KHd6M2j-BMQ0RIqDTewHaEZ?w=314&h=186&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

Thanks as always for looking in,
Jim.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is one large animal...........I have the "Nuts and Bolts" #12 in the series on this "bad boy" if you need anything info or photo wise, let me know and I'll pm it to you. Good luck with the build.
Rick H.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Bit of an update, sorry so little done up to this point but I'll be concentrating a bit more on this one now.
"Bear" the snapper is growing nicely, weather still sucks, "Mia" not phased by any of it.100_0951 (2).JPG100_0952 (2).JPG100_0953 (2).JPG100_0956 (2).JPG100_0958.JPG100_0959 (3).JPG100_0959 (5).JPG100_0960 (2).JPG100_0961 (4).JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice looking Sherman.....coming out of the "rubble" I like the effect of the debris you have still hanging on the tank, very realistic. :thumb2:
Rick H.