Dragon 1/16 German Field Officer

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very nice Peter. You have given him a fighting chance. Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Perfection to me Peter.
Glad all is well at Day Mansions , hold on to your hat and paint when little one arrives. :smiling3:

Good luck to Emily, might surprise you if she gets on with the instructor. Go Emily !

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for the positive response people.

John - Daughter and granddaughter arrived yesterday. It's been a scream, actually great fun. Emily's course is next week - she's as nervous as hell, despite the fact that it's with her original, favourite instructor.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bet your loving it, enjoy it Peter. We loved our grandchildren , but they grow up before you know it .

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Very nice Peter. You have given him a fighting chance. Rick H.

Morning Peter,

Have to agree and well done for going ""off piste" from the box art, weapons wise, lovely work on the heavy creasing too.

There are times when you just have to push the envelope with "maximum" highlights and see how it looks!

Have you done a DAK figure recently?

I don't remember one in the past 12 months?

Did you do one with a chameleon once upon a time?

That would be an opportunity to really push the highlights with the washed out environment and also push the contrasts with older pieces of uniform and newer replacement pieces.

Just a thought if you were still looking at pushing the limits one day.

What next?

Apart from having fun and being the supportive parental figure for anxious drivers.

I had a busy day yesterday with physio and am feeling the PAIN!

Also got Bob the Stug some bits from the attic after a real pain and fear ride up the 7 steps to scary town LOL

Looks like a fun time ahead and perhaps even a little painting "with assistance"?

Perhaps its time for a large sketch pad, and some totally environmentally and little person friendly crayons?

Then let the little one's imagination go?

Someone would need to do clean up though!

Have a good day

Regards

Steve H

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Lovely finish again Peter. If you need another grand child I have one you can have on loan :tongue-out:

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Many thanks. To be honest, I was really disappointed with the way this turned out. It could be that after doing busts, my expectations of what I can achieve at this scale were too great, but I did find it hard to get a clean finish without relying on heavy outlining. Interesting what you say about the contrast, because after I'd varnished it the contrast seemed to fade and I thought it was looking a bit flat!

This is the DAK figure I did:

100_3264.JPG

Tamiya's 1/16 with a leg change. I would quite like to revisit this one.

The little one is a complete scream - so much energy and very funny. She got her hands into the varnish yesterday, but I got it away from her before anything serious happened. Hope the pain from the therapy has subsided.

Mick - Thank you. One grandchild is enough at the moment, thank you!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well he is certainly ready for action! Nice to see all the added detail. I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted. For a mere mortal like me it's pretty awesome. Look forward to seeing you have a go at a bust again