Dragon 1/16 German Field Officer

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right you are Peter, My previous comment was directed at the box art in your first post. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Coming along nicely! Cheers, Rick H

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Lovely work, the step down to 1:16 hasn't stopped you getting a great result, well done.

Just one more day of freedom, them the rabble are back!

Do those intense driving courses really work!

And your painting assistant is back to disorganise your work space too.

Looks like you will have a fun end to the week!

Storm Brendan arrived with the winds and rain just as I was planning in popping out to the garage to some AB work

G'rr!!, perhaps today?

Its clear and still but only 3 C at the moment, I'll wait until after lunch to see if it gets warm enough to AB the 2 sets of tracks and running gear.

Enjoy the painting today

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Rick - Looks like he's just going out for a bit of house-clearance on the box art.

Steve - One day to go before the mayhem returns - must check that the lids are securely screwed on to the Vallejos. Not sure that an intensive course is right for Emily - she has the weakest physical and emotional stamina of anyone I know. One positive is that it's her original, female, tutor, who she liked.

Still and bright here after a stormy night. Hope to get the tunic done at least today. Have fun with the AB.

D

Deleted member 6559

The tunic:

100_6190.JPG100_6191.JPG100_6192.JPG

I received a bundle of etch and decal insignia for 1/16 figures today from the ever generous Richard Pearce which included some great tank destroyer's badges by Alliance Modelworks. They were promptly pressed into service. Thanks Richard.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really really nice my friend.These dragon kits really come to life with your paints.The decals for the tank destruction awards really do look the part.
Awesome.
Rich.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Thank you.

Richard - Cheers. Your decals came just as I was attempting to make up some etch ones - saved a lot of bother.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking the dog's business! Cheers, Rick H.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

The medals and badges look great, goes with the war weary face of a long suffering survivor.

Lovely work on the jacket too

Baton down the hatches the junior whirl wind is due LOL

I shall try again to get into the garage to use the AB, I couldn't find my paint and .15 needle set yesterday!

Now recovered, just waiting for the sun and a little warmth

Enjoy the company and the painting too

Regards

Steve H

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Rick - Thank you.

Steve - Glad to hear the knee is settling down. Should be able to get the rest of the uniform done before my granddaughter arrives this evening. I actually cleaned the house, which was pretty pointless as it will be devastated by her bedtime - food in the carpets, sticky finger marks all over the TV etc.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Terrific work on the uniform. Top marks for Richard again.

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Steve. He's a bit of a star that Richard Pearce.

The uniform is done:

100_6200.JPG100_6201.JPG

I was not happy with the cap, which was poorly detailed and even more poorly painted by myself, so I decided to give him a helmet instead, which I think balances the figure more.

After the legs, I painted and added the grenades and the belt loop. The whole is still very shiny at the moment and will need a coat of matt varnish before it's finished.

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for the positive comments chaps. I must admit that I'm struggling with this one, finding it hard to get any subtlety into the shading. I've been working on toning down some of the hard lines and it is beginning to look a bit better.

Last edited by a moderator: