Dragon 1/16 Kampfgruppe Hansen Schutz

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looks good with the Olive cape, the facial scar is a real winner to cover up a cooling crack.

Nice one.

I first joined a forum in 2012, when I returned to modelling and found loads of cooling cracks on many 1/35 figures.

I found some super advice on scribbing figures not just for cracks but under cuts and generally improving the look of standard figures.

Then onto using Hornet heads, all from Vinnie Brannigan, a name from the past.

Looks like the sleeves in camo should keep you out of trouble today.

I have to deal with Anna's Tuesday cat ladies luncheon, gossip and T party today!

I spent yesterday in preparation so that it doesn't look too orchestrated?

I guess its a lady thing?

I still need to get muffins, and only Lidl special muffins will do, all 3 stores in Bradford didn't get a delivery yesterday, no guesses as to why I know that LOL

G'rrr!

I even need to roll my desk closed too! and keep out of the way by the kettle proving T and coffee!

Roll on Thurday LOL

You will no doubt have a much better day, than me, and enjoy the camo!

Regards

Steve H

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A busy day ahead with that Autumn camo. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Thank you.

Steve H - Oh you poor man! Will you be able to escape, or are you on waiting duty?

Yes, Dragon certainly did have a problem with cooling lines, and unfortunately, these figure kits were all made about twenty years ago, when it was still a problem. The one on the cheek was so deep that scratching it out would have seriously affected the contour of the cheek.

Steve J - Fortunately there's not much camo on show, but what there is should add a lot of interest. Not sure if family pressures will allow for any painting today - a trip to Herne Bay has been mooted.

D

Deleted member 6559

Sleeves and legs done:

100_6565.JPG100_6567.JPG

I've gone for Autumn Plane Tree for the camo in order to inject a bit of colour. For the trousers I used Vallejo Camo Extra Dark Green as a base in order to provide some contrast with the green of the cape.

That's the main part of the figure done - now on to the equipment.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Nice camo and a bright contrast on the "drab" canvas.

You should have a blast with all the equipment today.

Its been a fun 2 days, 5 hours with the sugar loaded cat ladies, then trying to get physio to sort out my knee.

I think I've broken it! It hasn't felt right for weeks!

Time to try and see a Dr today to see if the swelling is an infection?

Hopefully back to some modelling too.

The weekend is speeding up with another storm front and 6 nations rugby.

Enjoy the painting

Regards

Steve H

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking incredible Peter. I would love to see a time lapse video of one of your figures being painted.

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve H - Morning. I wonder if the damp weather has got to your knee, or were the cat ladies just too much? Hope the Dr can do something for you. Onto the equipment today, which is the fun part. My granddaughter is going to visit a friend later, so no 'Ga Ga, up!'' interruptions.

Steve - I doubt that a video would reveal anything other than chaos. The trousers were difficult, as the paint remained shiny for much longer than usual, meaning that it was difficult to see what I was doing - must be the cold weather affecting drying times.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Superb as always. That cape has come out brilliantly - the folds you've painted make it look to fit really naturally.
Jim

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice work Peter, the equipment adds a lot of detail to the figure :thumb2:
Steven

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.
:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:Meticulous, impeccable painting, accomplished by the master.

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Thank you. Dragon excelled themselves with this sculpt. It would be difficult not to bring out the folds on the cape.

Steven - Thanks. I love painting the equipment, though it seems to take longer these days as I struggle to bring out the detail.

John - Many thanks that man.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

its not raining at the moment!

Lovely work on the equipment, lots of contrasts on this figure, the waterproofs really do give it a "different look".

Just the MG 42 and hands left, then onto another one?

1/16 or a bust?

Hopefully some modelling today and its now sunny!

I'll be having a PET scan on my knee to find out what is not working along with blood tests too!

I will be nice when it doesn't ache all day long!

Enjoy finishing this one and the better weather, whilst it lasts.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

Yes, just some finishing off today, then onto another Dragon figure. Cold and wet here, so bad painting light, but not too much to do. Bit of a restless night as younger daughter came home blind drunk and caused a rumpus - ''Lemme sleep on the floor! Lemme sleep on the floor!'' - appalling behaviour. Kids!

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Very nicely done Peter. Think I'm looking at April 6th to get my desk back, happy days.