Dragon 1/35 ''Generation One'' Models?

• Thread starter Der Schimmelreiter
  • Start date
D

Der Schimmelreiter

Firstly, my sincere thanks for welcoming people to your community.

I'm not quite sure where I should put this as it falls between the two stools of fantasy and historical modelling. I've compromised by putting it in general discussion, please feel free to move it as suits best.

I have recently obtained an old OOP (c. 2006) alternative-history or historical science-fiction kit in 1/35, the Raketentruppen from Parente's DUST setting. According to a prior reviewer (Mainly 28s) the sprues work rather well with ''Generation One'' Dragon models.

http://mainly28s.com/review/ZZZZZZ.parente_dust.html (NSFW)

I have tried searching the term, both directly through Dragon and, far more likely, through eBay and Scalemates to account for the highly likely possibility of OOP and can glean nothing.

Does the term mean anything to anyone?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
AFAIK, “Generation One” means basically Dragon’s figure sets from before they started doing things like separate rifle bolts and details like that.

Is the Dust model 1/35, though, or is it 28 mm wargames “scale”? I’ve never played Dust, but I did use to play AT-43, and Dust is (if I recall correctly) basically Paolo Parente’s version of the game setting that Rackham turned into AT-43. Because of this, I do own a couple of Dust Tactics models that I used in one of my AT-43 armies, and based on them, I think you could probably get away with using 1/35 scale equipment like helmets, ammo pouches, etc. on figures in that scale.

Last edited:
D

Der Schimmelreiter

Many, many thanks. It's definitely 1/35 scale. You're right about Dust Tactics being a 28mm wargame, but I've never played it -- when I was a teenager, if I remember, there were only the 1/35 resin kits, and I have always loved them. I had a great deal of studying to do and have come back to find them OOP just when I can afford them! I've traced most of them, and Signor Parente himself is kindly looking out for the ones I cannot trace.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Nice :smiling3: I hear he’s quite a decent chap.

Anyway, based on the 28 mm Dust Tactics figures I have, using German WWII gear for 1/35th scale figures for your model probably shouldn’t cause any problems. The figures in the photos in your link look a lot like Dragon ones, in fact :smiling3: Other manufacturers’ accessories should work equally well, though.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This sounds interesting following your and Jakko's discussion, hope you will post .
John.