Dragon 1/35 M4 Mortar Carrier - finally completed

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Taken quite a while, having been laid up with a bad back, but here it is.................DSCF3243.JPGDSCF3244.JPGDSCF3245.JPGDSCF3246.JPGDSCF3247.JPGDSCF3248.JPG
Ah - after all that, I notice I hadn't cleaned the seam up on one of the wheels!
A nice build - the fit was pretty good, it was a bit fiddly in places, the tracks were a wrestling match, but look good when assembled. There were one or two instruction glitches, but for a Dragon model, nothing really bad!! The driver - well, his hands fit the wheel & gear stick, but should his head stick out the top? I really should go back & replace him, but that would mean dismantling quite a bit of work! - It's just a very tall soldier!
I would like to build another Dragon Half track - just the basic personnel carrier, but the prices are very high - this M4 Mortar Carrier seems to be going for around the £50, so it may mean a long ebay lurk.
Thanks for looking in
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very nicely done indeed Dave!!

That's turned out very well indeed!!

ATB.

Andrew

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
An interesting vehicle, very well modelled.
Pete

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dave

Nice job on your half track. I have almost no stash left and probably will never build the two or three models that I have. Would you like this particular kit that I acquired some years ago but never started. It is still in its plastic bags and as you can see I have the full Voyager PE set for it. If you are interested PM me your address and I will post it over the Atlantic.

M3A1.jpg

John

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
That's turned out really nicely Dave. I'd hate to be a bloke wedged into one of the seats surrounded by all those shells though...

Nick

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
That's turned out really nicely Dave. I'd hate to be a bloke wedged into one of the seats surrounded by all those shells though...

Nick
I don't think being confined near explosives anywhere would be comfortable, it could be worse, being a tank crew member, inside an armoured box with shells stowed all around you - at least in the half track, you would have the chance ( OK, very slim! ) of getting out through the open top!
Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
it could be worse, being a tank crew member, inside an armoured box with shells stowed all around you - at least in the half track, you would have the chance ( OK, very slim! ) of getting out through the open top!
The other side of that, of course, is that in a tank the ammunition is better protected and therefore, less likely to catch fire in the first place :smiling3:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The other side of that, of course, is that in a tank the ammunition is better protected and therefore, less likely to catch fire in the first place :smiling3:
Not in WWII ! 'Tommy Cooker' - 'Ronson' - both grim nicknames for the Sherman!
Dave

Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Except that they weren’t :smiling3: It’s one of those urban legends that just keep going.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well done on this Dave and considering all the down time that you had it still was a pretty quick turn time. Watcha got lined up next? Rick H.