monica
looks good Patrick,will be very interested in this build, :D

you must get a cat to add in as it shows it on the box art lol, 9_9

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
IT looks like an electrical wiring diagram rather than kit instructions Patrick, but I'm sure you'll be able to work it out.

It looks a good kit though.

D

dubster72

looks good Patrick,will be very interested in this build, :D

you must get a cat to add in as it shows it on the box art lol, 9_9

Well I'm thinking snow for this one Moni, so it might be too cold for a kitty! We'll have to see ;)

D

dubster72

IT looks like an electrical wiring diagram rather than kit instructions Patrick, but I'm sure you'll be able to work it out.

It looks a good kit though.

Actually it wasn't as complicated as I thought Ian! Although considering the retail price of Dragon kits, you'd think they could spend a little more on the instructions & space out the steps a bit more.

D

dubster72

I've made a start on this one. There's over 500 parts, so it won't be a quick build ;)

The suspension & transmission

IMG_20160914_172804.jpg

IMG_20160914_172817.jpg

The interior (nearly finished)

IMG_20160914_233121.jpg

IMG_20160914_233204.jpg

The main gun nearly done 

IMG_20160914_233340.jpg

I'll try & get some paint on tomorrow

Thanks for looking! 

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real nice start on this one,looking good,and to sort out dragon instruction,not an easy thing to do, 9_9

B

Builder

Patrick mate,,,,

First off - great choice of kit, this vehicle looks like it was ahead of its time. An 8 wheeled WWII armoured car wow. very advanced for its time - in terms of outer design that is. 

Second off mate - that interior detail is phenomenal

Third off - great work on the suspension, these can be hard to get right at times. 

Last edited:
J

John Rixon

Although considering the retail price of Dragon kits, you'd think they could spend a little more on the instructions & space out the steps a bit more.

It's odd really, I'd get it if they were photocopied inna "who gives a toss" stylee - theyve put a lot of thought into the production of the instructions, it's the bloody details they get wrong. And what winds me up is that they must know this, and can't be arsed to correct them - even putting corrections online would at least show willing!

D

dubster72

It's odd really, I'd get it if they were photocopied inna "who gives a toss" stylee - theyve put a lot of thought into the production of the instructions, it's the bloody details they get wrong. And what winds me up is that they must know this, and can't be arsed to correct them - even putting corrections online would at least show willing!

John I've lost count of how many times I've peered myoptically at Dragon instructions, wondering what goes where! Perhaps they've accepted it as a well-known quirk? Certainly they must be well aware of the deficiencies of their instructions.

The worst thing, even more so than cramming too much in each stage, is the vagueness. Arrows point to a general area rather than an actual position. Or they'll be 2 or 3 possible places to fix a part...

D

dubster72

I've finally finished the interior on this. Considering very little will be visible it's probably overkill, but what's a little compulsive behaviour? ;)

I also chipped the underside quite heavily & applied a thick wash. I'll probably add some pigment sludge washes further down the line.

Thanks for looking :smiling3:

T

tommy1drop

Cracking work Patrick, this really is coming along a treat, looking forward to the next update.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work with this one, Patrick ,so well done with the,interior,real  like your weathering on

the underside as well, :D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very nicely done Patrick. To late to open the hatches...?