Dragon 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 234/3 #6786

D

dubster72

Very nicely done Patrick. To late to open the hatches...?

Thanks Ian, unfortunately only the vision hatches can be opened & they don't allow much of a view. I'd hoped that the front hatch could be opened, but although Dragon provide a hinge, it isn't actually workable :sad:

J

John Rixon

Great weathering and chipping work Patrick, even though much of it wont be shown, we can see it now, and it limbers you up nicely to do the exterior now!

D

dubster72

Very nicely done Patrick. You could always add an LED !!! 

I did consider the LED idea from your build, but as it's an open-top I thought too much light would come out. Maybe I'll do it on a cutaway project I've got planned for next year ;)

D

dubster72

Great weathering and chipping work Patrick, even though much of it wont be shown, we can see it now, and it limbers you up nicely to do the exterior now!

Thanks John, the exterior is causing me all sorts of headaches! The fenders don't fit so I've had to break out the G-clamps & the stowage bins are all photo etch :sad:

J

John Rixon

Thanks John, the exterior is causing me all sorts of headaches! The fenders don't fit so I've had to break out the G-clamps & the stowage bins are all photo etch :sad:

Ouch! Clamps may well distort other surfaces, what a pain. I struggle to comprehend how this happens in the context of a highly engineered kit, other than occasionally a rogue sprue slips through the net. Oh well, I'm sure you'll sort it - folks around here usually do! Good luck!

S

steve5

just caught up with this build Patrick , love the internal weathering , pity about the fit issues , from what I have seen of your build's , I'm more than sure you are up to the challenge

D

dubster72

just caught up with this build Patrick , love the internal weathering , pity about the fit issues , from what I have seen of your build's , I'm more than sure you are up to the challenge

Thanks Steve

D

dubster72

Although the end of the GB has come & gone, I'm still working on this one.

What's been holding me up is the doors to the equipment lockers. Dragon provide very detailed brass doors, but no styrene alternative. The problem is that the latch & padlock detail are tiny! A neurosurgeon would struggle with these parts. Here's an example

20170103_111939.jpg 20170103_120734.jpg

But I soldiered on & ended up here

20170103_184002-1.jpg 20170103_184020-1.jpg 20170103_184128-1.jpg 20170103_184032-1.jpg

That's the vast majority of hull parts added. There's a few sticky-out bits left, but I'll do them later so I don't knock them off while painting.

Thanks for looking
Patrick

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real dose look good, Patrick,do like the PE,always gives that bit more,;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh nice will look forward to seeing that,:D

D

dubster72

And here's the camo! Not an official scheme, but I liked the idea of stripes with a slight 'splinter' effect.

The base colour is Vallejo Model Air 71.027 Light Brown (!) & the red-brown is Tamiya XF-68 NATO brown.

20170108_213617-1.jpg 20170108_213636-1.jpg 20170108_213649-1.jpg 20170108_213808-1.jpg

Masking an armoured vehicle isn't easy, so there's a few areas that need a touch up.

Thanks for looking

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
your were right Patrick,love it,great job with that,well done,:D

D

dubster72

your were right Patrick,love it,great job with that,well done,:D

Thanks Moni, I remember you said that you liked the red-brown over yellow scheme... I think it was on a Panzer IV.

It's not often I go off track with German camo, nor is it that usual for me to use acrylics! ;)