Dragon British 25lbr with Limber 1:35

F

Fenlander

Hot on the heels of my AFV Club sIG33 German artillery piece, I have started the Dragon 25lbr

This is a very nice kit with the gun (early version no muzzle brake) and limber well detailed. Like most Dragon kits, it could be described as a little over engineered but it really works on the guns. Note the well moulded DS (like the tracks) tyres for gun and limber. Small amount of Photo Etch which will enhance where needed rather than loads of brass for the sake of it.

First up the gun carriage. This is a simple stage with everything slotting together well. As usual with Dragon instructions, read them twice, test fit three times and then try and work out where the bits go.........

Then onto the shield and gun. Again, quite a simple build so no 'in progress shots although this is not the finished result. Some bits have been left off to aid getting it all together and no pe as yet, that is mostly on he limber anyway.

As you can hopefully see, some nice detailing. Next up is a cup of coffee and then the Limber

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
That is one quality looking gun ummm so nice From your build I want it..keep the pics coming bud

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Graham.

I built the Bronco model a while back of the 17/25 Pheasant, and was wondering what the Dragon 25lb'er was like. Now I know. It looks like a nice one and I'll probably end up buying one as well.

Lets hope that either Dragon or Bronco bring out a nice new FAT to drag it around with.

Now drink your coffee and get on with it man!!

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Thats i nice detailed kit Graham, im sure you will make this come to life.

Andy

T

tommy1drop

Looking forward to following this build Graham, looks great already mate, nice interesting subject, I have the old Tamiya kit of this, although not bad, nothing like the Dragon version.

Seriously thinking of buying the Bronco kit of this, anyway really looking forward to seeing more pics of your build.

Tom

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
WOW , quick work graham! It looks like a real nice kit , very fine details. I cant wait to see the limber and the figures , are you going to put it on a base? cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Veeeeery nice work there Graham. Good to see you showing your stuff again,I'd forgotten just how good it was!

Cheers

Steve

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Mmmmmmm very interesting subject Graham, was thinking of getting the same kit so it's nice to see one go together (try before you buy so to speak).

Have fun, John

F

Fenlander

Thanks for the support guys, always appreciated :cheesygrin:

OK, the Limber........ What on earth were you doing Mr Dragon when you did the instructions for this????????

The limber is a box on wheels, it's a no brainer so why does it not go together? Simply because I followed the instructions. A word to the wise, if you ever do this kit DO NOT look at the instructions for the limber and it will make much more sense. :rant:

Rant over, here it is minus the hub fittings which I forgot..........

And here they are side by side. Just a couple of additions and then off for primer.

Figures up next and very nice figures they are to. Lots of topless flesh (steady Ron.....)

Tony, I am going to try a base for this as it really needs one with the figures and that but, as you know, bases are my nemesis but I have to crack it.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thats the problem with Dragon, very nice models but the instructions can be a nightmare. Sometimes it's best to fold them up into a paper airplane because they go further when thrown lol. Cracking job on the limber though matey.

Have fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The limber look good, loads of little details that pop out at you.

Ian M

P

phalinmegob

very nice job graham, i have a dragon kit that i bought about two years ago and am still scared to start it, every time i look in the box i see a bag off tiny bits that they call magic tracks and then i look at the instructions and then put the lid back on the box lol. that kit is my nemesis. got it when i first started modelling cos it was expensive and thought it would be good.the longest serving kit in my stash and it will remain there for a long time to come. when i get around to building it i will then call myself a proper modeller.

F

Fenlander

I know what you mean Andrew. Dragon kits are very good but scary. I built the Academy M51 Israeli ISherman some time ago and it was a nice kit apart from the gun mantlet cover not coming close to fitting. More recently I bought the Dragon version of the M51 with a Voyager brass and resin upgrade....... It was just a slog. Nearly twice the parts of the Academy, well over twice the cost and, if I glance over at the cabinet where they both are, I honestly cannot tell the difference. I have the Dragon M50 in the stash but, although older and a bit simpler than the M51 kit, it still looks a bit daunting so may never get built even though it is a good kit. The magic tracks, mostly replaced with DS tracks now, are very nice and make good looking tracks. Best thing is, they are all separate pieces. I have a few AFV Club half tracks to build and they are link type tracks but each link is on sprues with three attachment points each so loads of cleaning up before you even get to assemble the tracks. Give me Dragon Magic tracks any day lol

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice limber graham! Glad youre going to have a base, im sure youll make a great job of it , cheers tony

F

Fenlander

Had the family round today so not a lot of modelling. However, I have started putting the figures together and, although they look great figures, there is a problem. One of the figures has a head that is not made for it. The body has a normal neck but the head has a step in it. Also, the gun aimer who sits on the little round seat will not go on as the gap between the control wheels that he should hold and the seat is to small so his knees wedge hard against the wheels stopping him fitting in place. So that is two figures down, I will probably use what is left to be clearing up after a barrage with the gun aimer out of the scene having a pee or something.....

So, it as all prepped for priming which I hope to get on with next week sometime. Back onto the bench will be coming a part done AFV Club Sdkfz 251 8 Rad but I need to be selecting the next project.