Dragon BTR-70 APC in Desert Digital Camouflage.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Finally finished.
This is my stab at a desert three colour digital camo. Not copied (that would have been beyond me) I just sort of made it up as I went along.
The vehicle is not accurate. I've left off and added things which would or would not have been fitted. An attempt at the camouflage was my main aim.

All brush painted using Vallejo Model Air throughout, slightly thinned with good old tap water.
Sometimes I feel folks get bogged down with weathering models through reading this and that long winded methods. That's fine, whatever modellers are happy with and suits them best, we all have a different approach. I just like to keep things simple and quick. For this dusty look I used the lightest colour (Desert Sand) and with a large flat headed brush I literally coated the whole model and let the paint run and gather where it liked. Once dry I repeated this process until I was happy with the effect.

Anyway here it is......
P1220400.JPG

P1220402.JPG

P1220401.JPG

P1220403.JPG

P1220405.JPG

Next I'm going to put the model on a diorama and see if the camouflage works.....:thinking:

Cheers all.
Ron

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Not copied (that would have been beyond me) I just sort of made it up as I went along
Artistic license - something I both fully endorse and thrive upon ! Splendid result Ron, can I get one for less than a fiver ?

D

Deleted member 4539

Wonderful paintwork Ron :smiling2:.
I have never really given a toss about historical accuracy,if the modeller is happy with what they have done then I am happy.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
can I get one for less than a fiver ?
Thanks Colin. You might just get lucky at Cosford - Unless the 'Builder's Bum' beats you too it!

Wonderful paintwork Ron :smiling2:.
I have never really given a toss about historical accuracy,if the modeller is happy with what they have done then I am happy.

Thanks Ralph. Usually I do try and get my stuff reasonably accurate to my own standards but because I'm not too concerned, people that might otherwise want to pull me up realise it's a waste of time and leave me alone to quietly pootle along...... :upside::thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I admire you tenacity to get the camo done right. A great result. You must be pleased

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Accurate or not, that looks totally believable as a BTR. Another smasher. If my plain green version turns out anything near as good, I'll be well pleased.