Dragon Flak Maultier

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Beautifully done so far. Drilling was ground mounted & installed on almost anything that moved, including the Protz. I even saw a photo of it mounted in a captured M20. I've modeled Drillings on a trailer (two), the Protz, RSOs, sWS, & various versions of 241 all in 1/87 scale.
I'm glad you like it Paul ! (Sure beats crickets) lol Well that the Drilling was widely platforned is good news then !

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening Ron , my word that is some neat work.
Nice choice of the gun. I love these gun mounted in a truck models, there were several Russian ones as well .:smiling3:

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Evening Ron , my word that is some neat work.
Nice choice of the gun. I love these gun mounted in a truck models, there were several Russian ones as well .:smiling3:
Thanks Obi-Won ! hmmmmm... Russian gun trucks sound quite interesting indeed !

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Ron, guess I'm the only one disappointed that you changed your mind about the 3.7 cm flak 36.....the only pic of a flak 36 on a Maultier I have seen was in Panzer Colors and it was mistaken for a 3 ton truck. later pics. revealed it to be in fact, a Maultier....guess I'll have to do one in 1/87 scale to satisfy my urges. :thumb2: Rick H.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I even saw a photo of it mounted in a captured M20.
That piqued my interest, so I went looking. Is this the photo/vehicle?

1.jpg.5afe73a39d4a9873e7e6b453d323b6b7.jpg2.jpg.a41560c3a82fe21a1db9d3567383a416.jpg

This looks like an mate armored car rather than an M20, though, with the Flakdrilling mounted to fire over the rear of the normal turret, that has had its 37 mm gun removed?

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Missed this til now Ron,
Can`t add anything that the Guys haven`t already said....... That`s a cracking looking build mate :cool: ,
Personally,i don`t prefer either gun over the other,both look the part to me:thumb2:,
I`ll be following along all the way from here on in:hugging-face:,
Andy

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Missed this til now Ron,
Can`t add anything that the Guys haven`t already said....... That`s a cracking looking build mate :cool: ,
Personally,i don`t prefer either gun over the other,both look the part to me:thumb2:,
I`ll be following along all the way from here on in:hugging-face:,
Andy
Thanks Andy ! Now that Allen mentioned that the 3.7 version was not a one-off, I'm not sure what to do. Feels like I ought to keep it since it's become such a rare kit. Hm. Must listen to some Space Rock this weekend over a bourbon with coke for this quandry to resonate....

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Leave the soady pop and take it neat Ron.....maybe a rock or two......you'll be able to think better!! :tongue-out3: ;) Rick H.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Just had a catch up with the build Ron and you're doing a great job on it. Looking forward now to seeing it hit the paint shops.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
So Ron, what is Space Rock?
Paul, hmmm... I would describe it as early-progressive rock that is kind of "acidy" (?) Andy the Smythemeister turned me on to it and he could probably describe it better than me lol
Just had a catch up with the build Ron and you're doing a great job on it. Looking forward now to seeing it hit the paint shops.
Thanks Mick ! Hope not to disappoint !

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi Ron, guess I'm the only one disappointed that you changed your mind about the 3.7 cm flak 36.....the only pic of a flak 36 on a Maultier I have seen was in Panzer Colors and it was mistaken for a 3 ton truck. later pics. revealed it to be in fact, a Maultier....guess I'll have to do one in 1/87 scale to satisfy my urges. :thumb2: Rick H.
Lol, it did dawn on me that I don't have to glue either gun and just alternate them in the display case depending on my mood
PS I've got an ancient set of the Panzer Colors set (have had them since the early '80s) will have to look for that pic !

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
what is Brighton rock ? Do I even want to know lol ?
Ron,
Brighton Rock is a popular (with some) sugar confection sold at seaside resorts (notably Brighton ;)!) It is a long cylinder, about 12" x 1" diameter, and normally a lurid pink outer coating with white centre; the 'piece de resistance' is the name of the seaside resort, in pink, that runs right through the 'stick of rock' as it's termed! Well, you sort of asked! :tears-of-joy:
Steve

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That piqued my interest, so I went looking. Is this the photo/vehicle?

View attachment 446156View attachment 446157

This looks like an mate armored car rather than an M20, though, with the Flakdrilling mounted to fire over the rear of the normal turret, that has had its 37 mm gun removed

Ron,
Brighton Rock is a popular (with some) sugar confection sold at seaside resorts (notably Brighton ;)!) It is a long cylinder, about 12" x 1" diameter, and normally a lurid pink outer coating with white centre; the 'piece de resistance' is the name of the seaside resort, in pink, that runs right through the 'stick of rock' as it's termed! Well, you sort of asked! :tears-of-joy:
Steve
Ohhhh , I see... well I think I'll leave you to that, it'll be a hard pass for me Steve lol !

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ohhhh , I see... well I think I'll leave you to that, it'll be a hard pass for me Steve lol !
And I hesitate to mention this , I really do... but yet feel compelled to enter back into this topic. That kinda-sorta reminds me "Stuckey Logs" found at Stuckey's truck stops (not even sure if they are still around) . Okay now stick with me here (get the pun?) The logs were about the same dimension , only were a pecan-encrusted taffy-like core. I found their appearance to be far too menacing for me to consider taking one on so-to-speak.