Dragon M7 Priest

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ross
That's coming together well. Detail on the gun looks nice. It is often hard to decide whether to paint parts before fixing them. I like to get as much built as possible before painting.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice update Ross. Its always a challenge to build and paint, build and paint. All heading in the right direction. Is it starting to cool down a bit over there now??

First Name
Ross
Jim, I'm the same, if I can glue it before painting I will.

Steve, it certainly slows things down a bit, it did start to cool off but we've had a week of over 35 again, two weeks into Autumn it should be starting to cool off, North Queensland keeps getting battered by Cyclones and flooded and we can't seem to get any rain.

Still working on the internal areas.

Front and sides are currently drying from a gloss coat before some weathering and I'll make a start on the tracks tonight.

cheers
Ross

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Ross,
Doining a great job there, well impressed.
Mike.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very clean build so far. Great job on trans. I hope the rear stowage boxes are not cemented as they are on backwards. The tops should be level. Looks like only HE stowed? No WP or AP rounds? PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Ross, Great job so far will continue to follow this build, very interesting . Rick H.

First Name
Ross
Si, cheers mate.
Michael, thanks mate.
Paul, trust somebody to notice :anguished:, yes they are glued, I was finishing them up late at night, went to sleep thinking I had done something wrong, tossed and turned for about an hour then it struck me.
Rick, Peter and Paul, almost a band, thanks guys.

It's starting to look like a Priest now.

Some cleaning up to do and a couple of more internal walls to paint.

cheers
Ross

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I bet you can still get those stowage boxes off well enough to get them on the right way round, though.

First Name
Wouter
Nice build you have going on here Ross. And good to see the big gun again, good memories ^^

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Ross,
Amodel to be proud off, looking forward to more.
Mike.

First Name
Ross
Any suggestions appreciated Jakko? Maybe a thin blade under and slice them off.

Cheers Wouter.

Michael, thanks mate.

cheers
Ross

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just caught up Ross, pity about those stowage bins, when I do something like that ( quite often ) I brush some TET along the join and ease it off with a Stanly blade .
Other than that it's looking good .

Hope you get some rain soon .
John .

First Name
Ross
Yeah, I tried that John, didn't work had been on too long, I tried again tonight to remove them and it started to rip up the top deck so, I'll just live with them.

cheers
Ross

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Any suggestions appreciated Jakko? Maybe a thin blade under and slice them off.
That’s what I was thinking: use a good hobby knife (I don’t think I’d use a surgical scalpel — too fragile) to get into the seam between the upper deck and the stowage box. Be careful to keep your fingers away from where the blade will go if it slips, by the way. I once managed to stab myself through my thumb because I wasn’t careful enough with something like this.

What did you glue them with? If it’s superglue then you can probably get the parts to pop off when the glue breaks, it being hard and somewhat brittle when cured; if you used liquid cement it’ll depend a lot on how much you used, though.

Another option if they won’t budge is to use a modelling saw, which will take off a bit more material. You can replace that with a bit of plastic strip, or you could just leave the boxes slightly lower than they should be, since it’s unlikely to be noticeable.

In any case, having the boxes on the right way is worth the bother, if you ask me. Leaving them like this doesn’t do the build any justice.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
It is looking good Ross. As for the boxes have you tried repeatedly scoring along the join with a new no 11 blade. It may take a long time but slow and steady may work.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ross,
I agree with Jim's method, I have had to do it myself, it is slow but it does work.